Director, Talent Acquisition
23andMe is looking for an experienced Director of Talent Acquisition who is energized by attracting top talent to our company and pipeline. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic, motivated and innovative partner to the business. You will own the talent acquisition strategy, build a world class talent pipeline and manage our effective and talented recruitment team.
As a member of the People Leadership Team, you will play a key role in executing on our People Strategy. You will drive our diversity recruitment goals, manage day to day executive of the recruitment team, promote a culture of growth mindset and curiosity as well as seek out opportunities to work more effectively and efficiently with key stakeholders.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal comprehension.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the development and management of the talent acquisition strategy to ensure we attract and retain top talent
- Manage and mentor the talent acquisition team to achieve hiring goals, grow their skills and build a pipeline of talent leaders within our organization
- Create and maintain the talent brand strategy including participating in various externally curated award and recognition programs
- Cultivate an environment where partnership between leadership and the talent acquisition team is strong, effective and supportive
- Drive and ensure recruiting processes are aligned with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals
- Coach, counsel and influence at all levels to ensure 23andMe is attracting and retaining top talent
- Oversee end-to-end candidate process as needed for senior leadership roles
- Provide innovative sourcing and candidate engagement strategies to attract top talent, including leveraging social media, external surveys and other resources to identify qualified passive and active candidates
- Execute a smooth hiring process for candidates, new employees and hiring managers
- Oversee the Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) focused on talent acquisition
- Ensure key stakeholders and leaders are informed and up to date on progress for key recruitment activities
- Regularly manage pipeline activity and maintain data integrity within ATS and HRIS, proactively share updates with internal stakeholders
- Provide reports, metrics and insights to support Management, Executive and Board updates
- May perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of recruiting experience with a record of increasing scope and responsibility. You have developed and implemented strategic plans, processes, and systems to drive talent acquisition efforts, demonstrated an ability to coach, empower and develop recruiting teams, and have in-depth experience building a high-performance culture.
- Recruitment experience in the Biotech, Pharma or consumer technology industry preferred
- Proven experience in talent acquisition and human resources with knowledge of current hiring best practices as well as passion for diversity outreach and recruitment.
- A strategic mindset, but can also focus on tactical and operational issues. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategic discussions.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are common
- A belief in a “People-first” approach to build teams and guide effective performance across the organization.
- A deep sense of empathy. You connect well with employees of all levels and have the ability to flex your style to build trust and rapport.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills. Highly collaborative style and desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
- Experience with ATS and HRIS systems