Director Sustainability Science & Strategy
The Dir Sustainability Science & Strategy will oversee a corporate team of scientists and analysts focusing on ensuring Target’s sustainability commitments and strategies are led by the best available environmental science and business insights. The Sr. Sustainability Scientist will lead and mentor a small team of environmental scientists/engineers and analysts to execute projects, collaborate with subject matter and functional experts, manage assessment and remediation programs, and support business development activities. This role will ensure that relevant Target’s Sustainability strategies, goals, and commitments are grounded in science and business priorities, and consistent with existing and/or future legislation and regulatory frameworks.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Ph.D/MS. from an environmental sciences-based field (e.g., Environmental Health, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Earth Sciences, Chemistry, etc.)
- 5+ years of academic or industry research experience conducting sustainability research and/or driving sustainability improvements.
- Experience with major U.S. environmental regulations
- Experience managing, evaluating, and analyzing environmental data
- Excellent writing skills and proficient at communicating from simple to highly complex/technical topics.
- Demonstrated ability in high-profile oral communications
- Experience building high-impact PowerPoint presentations and simplify complex topics to make it accessible to a broader set of stakeholders.
- Proficient in Excel and Access; ability to use additional data management platforms and coding programs preferred
- Ability to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong commitment to personal and professional development
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team memberscore role will be a blend of virtual andonsite at a Target location.A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s notaTarget location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times ayear.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $119,500k - $215,100k.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Findcompetitive benefitsfrom financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.