Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2021.
Phillips 66 is seeking a Director, Sustainability Innovation in the Sustainability Technology group, a part of the Energy Research and Innovation organization located at the Phillips 66 Research Center in Bartlesville, OK. The Director of Sustainability Innovation leads a core team of scientists, engineers, and technicians, and guides prioritization of research projects focused on future environmental and operational sustainability through the Energy Transition. The preferred candidate will have demonstrated scientific achievement, expertise leading individuals, and strong technical skills in the areas of air emissions, remediation, water treatment and waste conservation. Additionally, the candidate will have technical project management experience and a familiarity with Energy Transition technologies, such as bio-oil processing, renewable power, batteries, low-carbon hydrogen, and CO2 utilization.
Responsibilities May Include
- Safety focused leadership of a team in a lab environment
- Lead a research team dedicated to developing solutions to support long-term environmental and operational sustainability
- As part of portfolio management, drive and manage research projects through multiple stages of development, review, and documentation, including tracking budget and other resources
- Lead engagements with internal and external customers, collaborators, and leadership to ensure research portfolio alignment with company goals and strategy
- Explore and establish academic or other collaborations to further innovation, access to early development technology, and access to talent
- Develop team of researchers and help grow careers and skills
- Foster a team culture that promotes innovation and collaboration across groups and technical areas, including fuels production, carbon capture, and renewable power generation
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, or other Science related field
- 5 or more years of graduate and/or professional experience working in a research and development environment
- 3 of more years of experience leading projects and/or people
- Experience engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive approach to safety with a good working safety record
- PhD in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, or other Science related field
- Project management experience
- Experience leading a research team focused on environmental technology development
- Strong background in chemistry, chemical engineering, air emissions, remediation, and water treatment and waste conservation
- Familiarity with Energy Transition technologies, such as bio-oil processing, renewable power, batteries, low-carbon hydrogen, and CO2 utilization
- Track record of collaboration, innovation and problem solving
At the Phillips 66 Bartlesville Business Operations & Innovation Center, employees from multiple business disciplines deliver critical support and solutions that enable strong operating excellence and growth opportunities for the company worldwide. Located 40 miles north of the urban city of Tulsa, Bartlesville offers the warmth of a close-knit community with the amenities of a much larger city. Home to 35,000, Bartlesville is a vibrant city rich in history, culture and resources that come from a town built around the energy industry. Recognized as one of the top 25 livable cities in the U.S., it’s easy to see citizens take pride in their community. Bartlesville boasts an affordable cost of living with lovely neighborhoods, a thriving downtown, arts and theater, parks and an extensive trail network. Also vital to the community, is the Bartlesville Public School District (BPSD). Among the state's 32 largest school districts, the BPSD is an award-winning leader in STEM education K-12, and the high school is ranked among the best in the state by U.S. News & World Report.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 28, 2021 .
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities