Develop and implement measurable sustainability strategies within Aradgh Glass Packaging- North America (AGP-NA) which reflect the key environmental, social, and economic needs of the business. Serve as the expert on government/legislative matters. Create additional value for the global business through mitigation of risk, deepening customer relationships, and enhancing Ardagh’s corporate reputation.
- Lead creation of AGP-NA sustainability strategy, to understand and apply realistic objectives across such targets as material, water, energy and natural gas reductions, protecting AGP-NA from legislation that may affect industry volumes.
- Overall management of the government affairs activities of the Company across AGP- NA, including development, communication, and execution of legislative strategies and policies.
- Serve as the internal expert for sustainability, monitoring legislation, emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating/educating others on sustainability topics.
- Ensure Company compliance with all federal and state registration and lobbying disclosure laws associated with interactions of elected government officials.
- Monitor state legislative activity by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to strategic state political and regulatory requirements, and advising business groups with the Company and Executive Management on necessary actions.
- Balance and align strategies with short- and long-term Group sustainability targets, assuring Glass division support of and alignment with Group objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Public Relations
- Depth of expertise in Sustainability, strengthened through appropriate training and qualifications
- Legislative knowledge at the local, state, and federal levels
- Project Management and policy analysis
- Other competencies include but are not limited to: Active listening skills and able to challenge
- Ability to persuade, using precise facts to inform
- Ability to analyze and communicate statistical data
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communicator; verbal and written, including presentation and facilitation skills
- Can work independently and with teams when needed
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.