Reporting to the Senior Director, Sustainability, the Director will lead the KDP sustainable packaging and product stewardship platform, including the Company’s zero plastic waste agenda. By combining a technical understanding of packaging and product life cycle management and business acumen, the Director will play a highly visible, cross-functional leadership role internally and represent KDP externally in leadership forums and collaboration platforms across the industry. This leader will build, promote, and foster the success of relevant industry coalitions including existing and new platforms. The leader will also participate in and provide guidance to corresponding cross-functional KDP project teams.
What you will do:
- Partner to deliver on 2025 packaging sustainability targets and develop the roadmap and requirements for future sustainable packaging goals and targets.
- Engage with industry, municipalities, and other stakeholders to advance KDP packaging sustainability and product stewardship agenda.
- Establish and maintain KDP packaging sustainability and product stewardship principles, governance, and operating structure for sustainable packaging.
- Serve as the owner for sustainability outcomes as it relates to deliverables and projects for Packaging and Product R&D, Supply Chain, Innovation, and Packaging Sustainability Compliance
- Be accountable for metrics and reporting to achieve 2025 KDP packaging targets.
- Represent and lead within industry forums and collaborations. Attends forums, builds relationships, and gathers information to determine to enable KDP 2025 targets.
- Manage flow and optimization testing for plastic recycling to establish and expand recovery of KDP packaging.
- Partner with R&D to develop Life Cycle Assessments for KDP products and packages as necessary to inform decision making and communications.
- Facilitate the use of recycled content across KDP portfolio of products, packages, and partners.
- Provide timely and accurate communications content to Sustainability, Communications, Partner and PR teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Flexibility on the discipline
- Minimum 10 years work experience
- Direct experience with the recycling industry and specifically technical specifications for plastics recycling
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; anticipate needs and be proactive in resolving issues; and follow KDP policies and procedures.
- Analytical rigor and experience with environmental metrics
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated record of facilitation and leadership through influence
- A team player, with the ability to work well across different organizational boundaries at all levels of the organization.
- Passionate about our social and environmental mission.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Strategic planning and issue management
Keurig Dr Pepper (NASDAQ: KDP) is a modern beverage company with a bold vision built to deliver growth and opportunity. We operate with a differentiated business model and world-class brand portfolio, powered by a talented and engaged team that is anchored in our values. We work with big, exciting beverage brands and the #1 single-serve coffee brewing system in North America at KDP, and we have fun doing it!
Together, we have built a leading beverage company in North America offering hot and cold beverages together at scale. Whatever your area of expertise, at KDP you can be a part of a team that’s proud of its brands, partnerships, innovation, and growth. Will you join us?
We strive to be an employer of choice, providing a culture and opportunities that empower our team of ~28,000 employees to grow and develop. We offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development, while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or association with a person with a disability, medical condition, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.