Director, Store Development
The Director Store Development is an instrumental role that serves as the liaison between multiple cross-functional peers, ultimately overseeing the successful launch of Sunnyside* Dispensaries nationwide. The individual will be responsible for setting up new retail locations and retail remodels to meet compliance and brand standards, while also managing specific operational workstreams prior to launch. This role bridges communication between numerous key internal and external business partners in support of the seamless, on time and on budget delivery of all store-related opening activities and store set-up. They will work cross-functionally with Retail Operations, Construction, Marketing, Compliance, IT, Security, Facilities Management, and collaborate with HQ leadership.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop, empower and support store development team
- Manage with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of Cresco Labs and Sunnyside.
- Deliver upon a People First mantra focused on the core values of Cresco Labs, including but not limited to leadership, ownership, and stewardship.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strategizes on and executes goals and objectives for New Store Openings and Remodels, and all store development projects.
- Collaborate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide clear communication regarding project details to stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of cross functional collaboration to enhance or create processes to increase completion efficiencies and ensure brand standards are maintained.
- Navigate unexpected challenges by seamlessly shifting focuses, without compromising quality or impacting deadlines.
- Lead and participate as needed on all store development projects to ensure milestones are met and state specific rules and regulations are followed.
- Liaise between corporate and field during pre and post project regarding outstanding or open project issues.
- Ensure proper hand off between departments occur for efficient store set.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent
- 5-7 years experience in Retail Operations, with retail experience in cannabis industry preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing a team and driving results
- Experience within project management, preferably retail store construction and design, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Proven success in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and an eye for detail
- Energy, enthusiasm and drive for continuous improvement on projects and team support
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and power point
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism and confidentiality as well as being able to relate comfortably to people in all levels of the organization
- Highly flexible and adaptable – working in a fast-paced start-up involves daily shifting priorities; able to go with the flow and adjust to changing needs quickly.
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Available to work all hours of operation inclusive of nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel throughout multiple locations up to 50% of the time
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.