Director Software Engineering
Are you passionate about data and its potential to transform businesses and society? Do you have a proven track record of leading data platform engineering teams and delivering innovative solutions? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Data Platform Engineering Director to join our team and oversee the design, development, and maintenance of our data infrastructure, including data security and platforms. You will be responsible for guiding the data platform strategy, ensuring data quality and reliability, and collaborating with data scientists, analysts, and various stakeholders to meet their data needs.
As a Data Platform Engineering Director, you will:
- Lead the design and architecture of data infrastructure strategy, which includes data storage solutions, data processing, and data governance.
- Develop and execute Data security, compliance, and data access and retrieval strategies.
- Develop and execute Data scalability and performance strategies.
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, analysts, and various stakeholders to understand their data requirements and align data platform initiatives accordingly.
- Continuously improve data platform processes, infrastructure, and adoption of innovative solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or a related field.
- Overall software engineer experience of 12+ years and 7+ years of experience in data platform engineering
- Extensive experience in data engineering, data platform design, and management and data security and compliance practices
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Proficiency in programming languages and a deep understanding of database technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of big data technologies and cloud platforms.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The following skills are not required but would be a plus:
- Expertise in DevOps and CI/CD practices.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools.
- Experience in data streaming and real-time data processing.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies
- Experience leading teams
If you are interested in this position, please apply online with your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.