Director, Software Engineering
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
As a Director of Engineering, you will oversee engineering teams, software delivery of e-commerce web-applications in Engineering domains. Subject matter knowledge of Web-application FE/BE system, Photos, Identity, Payment system, Search & CMS tools and technical knowledge of cloud architectures is highly desirable. In this role, you will define and implement technology strategy, build team, collaborate with business stakeholders to solve the business problems.
What You’ll Do Here
- Building new engineering teams, developing new talent and overseeing teams
- Managing budget efficiently leveraging onshore and offshore development models and build vs buy software decisions.
- Owning and defining engineering domain level strategy and leading the team to achieve the vision.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business problems and solve those
- Owning software delivery with high quality and best design practices
- Looking for continuous improvements in operating practices
- Employ engineering standards, principles, design patterns, and drive for high quality & performance system.
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of team to build and deliver technology solutions aligned to business initiatives
- Owning Software performance and availability and reduce the operational overhead.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to development teams.
The Skills You Bring
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems (or similar)
- 7+ Years of management experience, building new teams and making hard choices.
- 3+ Years of leadership experience
- 5+ year of hands-on experience on web-application FE/BE systems and micro services development.
- 5+ years of experience in software application design and architecture
- Sound understanding of e-commerce web application, BE system design, integrating with third-party SaaS solutions like Payments, Order Management System, SEO, and CMS tools.
- Experience in working with any large-scale systems, petabytes of data stores and billions of database records
- Experience in operationalizing and scaling the software solution.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The compensation package for this role is based on multiple factors, such as job level, responsibilities, location, and candidate experience. The base pay ranges included below are specific to the locations listed, and may not be applicable to other locations.
California: [$149,500 - 213,400]
Connecticut, New York, and Rhode Island: [$149,500 - 193,150]
Colorado and Washington: [$149,500 -179,100]
Nevada: [$140,100 - 193,150]