National Account Managers will be responsible for growing our business. This is an opportunity to grow our share of strategic customer business, and to identify and close new business with the full support of our world-class R&D, Operations, and Support teams. Our entire organization is aligned to support business growth and the successful individual will have the opportunity to help drive innovation throughout the organization. This position can be located in multiple locations throughout our footprint.
The primary duties of a National Account Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Providing tactical, day to day direction of the support staff, including Sales Support Representatives, and Customer Service Representatives
- Providing tactical, day to day management of all levels of customer engagement, including engineering, industrial design, supply chain, marketing, sourcing, and more
- Planning and executing strategic growth strategies
- Maintaining and growing relationships with all influential levels of the strategic customer organizations and the appropriate contacts at Graham Packaging to ensure we are aligned to customer success
- Accurately managing all commercial information including customer forecasts, and new business potential
- Updating all commercial databases, including CRM and ERP
- Growing our share of strategic customer packaging allocation
- Creating value for our blue chip customers
- Up to 70% travel may be required
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. A minimum of 7 years in strategic value selling is preferred.
National Account Managers are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.