Director, Regulatory Affairs
Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
The Director of Natural Gas Regulatory Affairs is responsible for tariff and compliance activities for natural gas pipeline and distribution for Phillips 66 operations. This position will be responsible for ensuring that Phillips 66 procedures and policy are following laws and regulations. This key Director role will oversee regulatory reporting as well as a variety of other duties which will include the following:
Interstate Natural Gas Pipeline Commercial Support
- Manage execution of TSAs, including filing of negotiated rate tariff filings.
- Make website transactional and tariff postings.
- Monitor pipeline operational changes, and post information per FERC requirement: (i.e., capacity changes, locations, maps, critical and non-critical notices).
- Manage tariff filings and advise Commercial of tariff and other FERC requirements.
- Monitor FERC proposed policies and rulemakings, filings of other companies, and NAESB committees – and coordinate intervention in same.
- Develop and update procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory changes.
- Train employees on interstate gas pipeline requirements.
- Update Statements of Operating and advise Commercial of FERC requirements.
- Justify and seek to increase maximum rates through rate cases.
Texas Railroad Commission (gas utilities and other)
- Prepare and file tariffs, priorities of service and other notices.
- Respond to TRC oral and written inquiries and data requests.
- Monitor and participate in TRC policy change efforts, individually and a member of industry groups.
- Monitor rate and tariff filings on pipes into which deliver gas and intervene/comment as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year or more experience with natural gas tariff filings
- State and federal regulatory filings experience
- Experience with FERC policies and proposed rule making
- Experience developing and updating procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory changes
- Experience with Tariff Shark and Alteryx
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Employers” in 2021.
Phillips 66's Midstream business is a safe, reliable and trusted logistics provider for the movement and storage of liquid or gas energy via pipelines or terminals. We are an industry leader in logistics and operate or manage more than 22,000 miles of pipelines that transport crude oil from oil fields to refineries and finished products from refineries to storage terminals. We operate 39 terminals that supply finished products to consumer gas stations, as well as crude oil and NGL storage terminals and NGL fractionation facilities. We also provide the connectivity between the various Phillips 66 business units.
At Phillips 66, providing access to high quality programs and care for you and your family is important to us. Maintaining a culture of well-being — physical, emotional, social, and financial — is essential for a high-performing organization. When we are at our best, we are poised to deliver exceptional results — personally and professionally. Benefits for certain eligible, full-time employees include:
- Annual Variable Cash Incentive Program (VCIP) bonus
- 8% 401k company match, with an additional 0-4% Company 401k contribution based on the Company’s financial performance
- Cash Balance Account pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits with an annual company contribution to a Health Savings Account for employees on HDHP
- Total well-being programs and incentives, including Employee Assistance Plan, well-being reimbursement, and backup family care services
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 3, 2023.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities