Director, Production & Operations
The Director of Production & Operations operates as part of a highly skilled team, with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery. Working closely with Design, Development, Strategy, and Client Service teams, our Producers manage the end-to-end creation, development, and delivery process of complicated experiential projects, digital installations, and interactive products in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
We are looking for a curious problem solver that is passionate about emerging technology & creativity with a broad experience in a variety of project types. This role is a connector of our clients, key disciplines, and cross-functional teams, ensuring projects are delivered on time and of impeccable quality.
- Collaboratively work across cross-functional teams to accommodate rapid change and deliver work under tight deadlines. Maximize the teams skills, knowledge, and resources available as well as how to access the resources of other teams within the company, network, of from vendor partners.
- Manage the overall delivery for a portfolio of projects: track budgets and schedules, manage scope, assess risk, allocate resources, and help manage a cross-functional team to successful project completion.
- As subject matter expert for the region, guide the development, writing and presentation of project proposals, scopes of work, schedules, and staffing plans as they relate to solutions.
- Smoothly navigate the operational and financial planning of complex projects, expertly scoping, negotiating, and delivering within budget and with the upmost creative quality.
- As a client-facing leader and partner with Client Service, act as principle point of contact for all matters relating to your projects delivery and can inform, direct, or refer any queries from clients, management or team.
- Be a strategic communicator, proactively addressing issues and escalating when necessary, while coordinating team members to efficiently deliver complex projects.
So, what are we looking for?
- At least 10 years managing projects and teams in a fast-paced environment focused on the creation and build of experiences such as experiential installations, websites, mobile applications, and digital products. Content and motion design production experience a plus.
- Previous experience working as a Senior or Executive Producer within a design studio, digital agency, production company, or client-side design group. Experience managing a team of producers a plus.
- Strong knowledge of account and project management principles, methods and techniques, with comfort in a technical environment. Vendor management a plus.
- Experience developing and maintaining project scope, schedules/timelines, deliverables lists, status reports, and meeting reports
- Flexible, organized, curious, and passionate with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator, exhibits grace under pressure.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.