Director, Product Marketing
23andMe is looking for an amazing Director of Product Marketing to join our growing gene pool! The ideal candidate is passionate about the convergence of health, technology and consumer empowerment. You care about the consumer experience and the latest health products and services (genetics, activity trackers, exercise). You have a strong process and methodology to identify what makes a product great, and how to sell that great product. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of consumers and what makes them tick. We’re looking for a seasoned leader that can partner with product leadership, build a world-class product launch engine, and guide marketing strategy through strategic positioning, market definition and ultimate launch. Your team will be internal experts and thought leaders on successful product launches. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, the ideal candidate will have a strong track record with direct-to-consumer companies.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of messaging and positioning for new and existing products and services based on customer needs.
- Bring product value propositions to life for consumers by crafting and honing key benefits and reasons to believe.
- Develop audience framework and personas to help inform marketing and partner closely with Consumer Insights to validate.
- Lead Marketing related aspects of GTM strategy for new products and services to help ensure successful launch and consumer adoption.
- Follow trends in health tech to keep track of what is in the market and influence pricing/value to consumers.
- Establish strong relationships with Product, Product Science, Engineering and other cross-functional groups to enable better collaboration and communication across groups.
- Lead new, strategic initiatives that further differentiate how we communicate about our products. We can’t tell you what they are, but they are the most important things we are working on.
- Develop playbooks and templates for product marketing campaigns based on the size of feature releases or updates - do we just update the blog and make a social post or do we go all out with a TV campaign?
- Develop communications documents that serve as a source of truth for marketing and product teams.
- Forecast how well new initiatives will do under various scenarios. Think of new projects and products as businesses that you will run.
- Develop a clear GTM strategy that translates our product's power into compelling solutions that accelerate product adoption and grows our revenue.
- Lead and scale a great team. Nurture a strong team of product marketers who are strategic leaders and execution machines, and who can act as organizational drivers.
What You’ll Bring
- 10-15+ years experience in product marketing.
- 5-10+ years experience leading teams of product marketers
- Deep curiosity about consumers. Customer-centric with experience in generating qualitative and quantitative insights and using those insights to inform marketing strategies.
- Interest in health, genetics and related topics: diagnostic tests, exercise, longevity, quantified self, performance.
- Good understanding of relevant technologies: health products and services, the internet and computers, mobile.
- Team player. You can lead a matrixed team from consideration all the way through execution.
- The ability to distill complex information into understandable, actionable, persuasive messages and strategies.
- Multidisciplinary. You can build a model, PPT your point of view, write well.
- Fast study. You learn quickly, and can roll up your sleeves.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or other graduate degree preferred.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
San Francisco Bay Area Base Pay Range