Director, Product Management
The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at Bounteous, it’s to add to our interpersonal dynamics and choose the right person to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams. Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
We are seeking a Director, Product Management to lead a team of Product Managers and the vision and planning of digital initiatives for our Finance Services clients. The Director, Product Management will provide expert industry knowledge to inform strategic product direction, while guiding Bounteous’ Financial clients through an insightful approach to their challenges, seen and unseen, and managing the collaborative effort with cross-functional teams.
The Director, Product Management will serve as a liaison between highly motivated, multidisciplinary teams and our Financial clients to build solutions. This individual will have a clear understanding of, and experience in, all phases of the software development lifecycle including vision and scope definition, roadmapping, creative and user experience design, requirements specification and prioritization, iterative development, manual and automated testing, handoff, and delivery. The Director, Product Management should have deep experience in the Financial Services sector (Small, Fintech, Insurance, and/or Wealth). The best candidate will have a bias for action and bring a positive energy to Bounteous and the Product Team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support Managing Director in planning, directing, managing, and coordinating day-to-day business activities and product-related projects (agendas, briefings, and wider materials for internal meetings and major client events)
- Actively engage in client communication, work closely with the Client Service and Program Delivery teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Plan staffing levels and lead recruiting, hiring, and onboarding efforts for new direct report team members
- Identify and help solve Product Team challenges and gaps
- Utilize strong analytical skills to make data-driven decisions
- Oversee assigned accounts for all direct reports, provide direction and ensure client satisfaction
- Partner with multidisciplinary teams to ensure the realization of business outcomes in working solutions
- Construct comprehensive and effective presentations that translate issues into actionable objectives and compelling stories
- Partner with Client Service to identify account growth opportunities and support sales initiatives
- Develop a strong network of relationships with key stakeholders across Bounteous (service lines, client accounts, sector, wider business support teams)
- Provide mentorship and career development for team members while maintaining company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention, and high performance
- Serve as a key contributor in the development of Bounteous’ perspective on customer experience; collaborate with digital strategists, technologists, data scientists, and other specialists to craft a powerful point-of-view
- Define project vision for large and complex projects in the financial services industry
- Create and execute product strategies for growing/operating digital platforms or ecosystems
- Support Product Managers to develop key financial services industry thought leadership; present our industry point-of-view to senior customers and prospects in account meetings, customer roundtables, conferences, and industry events
- Develop prioritized roadmaps based on value scoring in collaboration with stakeholders for business initiatives
- Recognize and synthesize key findings and develop alternative solutions; be comfortable challenging assumptions
- 8+ years of product management experience working in a strategic capacity in the United States Financial Services sector (Small, Fintech, Insurance, and/or Wealth); professional services experience a plus
- Experience working with an Executive Leadership Team and/or C-suite team members. An outstanding executive presence, the ability to inspire, engage, partner with, and influence senior leadership
- Digitally-savvy and well-informed on innovations, trends, and technologies in the financial services digital space
- Proven ability to manage program-level or enterprise priorities
- Resourceful, with the ability to find solutions where they are not obvious
- Familiarity with multiple functional suites and software packages for requirements (JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience with multiple SDLCs such as Agile, Scrum, and traditional waterfall
- Strong foundation in core Product Management skill sets
- Exposure to a wide variety of technology platforms (Drupal, Adobe, Magento, Shopify, OMS, PIMs, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative spirit and team player
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- BA/BS degree or equivalent consulting agency experience preferred
- Ability to travel as needed, up to ~25%. To ensure the safety of all our team members, Bounteous requires that all team members who enter our physical Collaboration Centers be fully vaccinated, unless medically or religiously exempt
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly and quarterly newsletters to stay up to date with the latest job openings as well as resources and tips for job seekers here.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria of a job posting. If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you’re missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.