Director, Product Design
Twilio is seeking a Director of Product Design to grow, manage, and mentor a team of Product Designers in building products that our customers love and value. As a design leader, this position will lead the experience vision for the product growth & experience group and provide leadership to deliver best-in-class product experiences. As part of Twilio’s Communication Platform UX organization, this position will promote customer advocacy, partner with our cross-functional peers, champion strong team results, and foster a culture where designers are challenged to do their best work.
The UX team at Twilio is a close-knit, collaborative group, who cares deeply about building trust with our customers and solving their problems. We work closely with product and engineering leadership to guide product strategy. With this role, we will amplify our impact on the products by creating holistic customer experiences across the product suite.
In this role, you’ll:
- Uphold and evolve our brand and Design System. Maintain an extremely high bar for quality and consistency through critiques, UX principles, and reviews.
- Be a customer advocate. Coach your team on how to best navigate a rigorous, customer-informed process to identify and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions. Be a passionately vocal advocate for the Twilio Customer through all stages of research, design, development, and go-to-market activities.
- Be a proud people manager. Enthusiastically help your team hone their craft of product design. Encourage the sharing of new techniques and tools, showcase best of breed experiences in the market, and invest in professional development. Develop a sense of UX community and pride.
- Coach your team on how to break down complex problems, write and test hypotheses, craft success measures, and thoughtfully iterate from “minimal lovable” to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- Be arm-in-arm with your departmental peers. Communicate and connect with your peers in UX, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing in order to share learnings, align priorities, and identify opportunities for improvements to process or people.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 12+ years in user experience
- 5+ years as a people manager and have managed other managers
- Worked at a SaaS company, specifically on customer-facing product experiences
- A track record of producing or helping others produce highly usable and visually appealing product experiences
- Worked in a leadership capacity, directly driving UX strategies for people, process, and product
- Integrated customer research and testing into the design process
- Worked with a shared design system serving multiple teams and products
- Successfully combined a strong design process with agile and product management processes
- High level of influencing and networking skills.
- Ability to challenge views/perspectives while securing buy-in from stakeholders.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Worked at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers.
This role will be remote in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts. So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $176,080- 220,100.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.