Director, Product Communications
TikTokLos Angeles, CA24 days ago
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our Global Communications team as Director, Product Communications.
- Drive clear narratives about our product, brand, business and vision.
- Build awareness of our brand and products through media and consumer-facing initiatives that articulate our mission, values and technology.
- Develop messaging and programs that frame and amplify our product, brand, and team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on blog posts, media pitches, and launch materials.
- Manage relationships with key press, partners and influencers, including handling inbound press inquiries and serving as an on-record spokesperson.
- Train and advise spokespeople for media interviews, press conferences and presentations.
- Lead and provide guidance to the broader Product Communications team.
- 10+ years work experience in product and/or consumer communication.
- Experience working directly with reporters, editors, bloggers, researchers, industry analysts and other thought leaders.
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills
- Exceptional listening, problem-solving, and verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and adapting quickly and flexibly to change
- Experience in day-to-day media relations and/or agency background a plus
- Experience in issues-handling a plus
- Previous experience in global companies a plus
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach.
We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience.
We are passionate about this and hope you are too.Bytedance is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Recruiting.Corp@tiktok.com