Director, Pricing & Promotions
Eden Prairie, MN
Fort Mill, SC
Shutterfly, Inc. is seeking a Pricing leader who can design and deliver a competitive pricing strategy, develop and lead a team of pricing experts to help optimize the performance of its consumer business.
Reporting to the VP of eCommerce, this role will manage the pricing strategy and operations for the Shutterfly brand and provide oversight and consultation to Snapfish and Spoonflower. In this role, you will provide expertise, vision, and leadership to define and implement a pricing strategy that successfully enhances financial outcomes, while driving an exceptional customer experience. This position will also provide strategic direction for tools and technology to support the implementation and execution of pricing, discounting, and promotional strategies. You will lead and mentor your team across pricing planning, execution, and optimization.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Design competitive price positioning recommendations as it relates to the business’ overall competitive positioning
- Lead team that provides analytical support for upfront planning and in-season optimization
- Lead team to continuously optimize pricing, discounting, and promotions
- Lead list price and shipping threshold recommendations
- Design and recommend KPIs that measure and drive pricing and promotional performance against the strategic vision for the Shutterfly consumer business
- Liaise with Finance & Growth Analytics leaders and experts to ensure clear measurement and bridge to Financial KPIs
- Liaise with Category Managers and Merchandise Planning leaders on sales forecasting and category delivery
- Advise cross-functional stakeholders how pricing and promotion integrates with end-to-end customer journey and experience
- Provide thought leadership for aligning pricing and promotional approach with federal and state regulatory compliance
- Track and codify year-over-year plan changes, realized impact, and key learnings
- Oversee modeling and implementation of ongoing shipping offer optimization
- Provide recommendations for alternatives to channel specific and personalized promotions
The Skills You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of demonstrated leadership experience – managing pricing, analytics and implementing a variety of large and small-scale optimization initiatives
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Strong track record of building and leading effective teams.
- Strong analytical thinking skills, ability to manage significant budgets and drive a disciplined approach to measuring ROI of pricing investments.
- Experience in working with product and engineering teams to develop platforms and tools.
- Experience in working with analytics teams on measurement, reporting and testing.
- Comfortable interacting with executive management across a broad range of marketing and business topics.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and thrives in a company experiencing significant growth.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required.
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.