Director, People Operations
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
As the Global Director of People Operations, you will drive the strategy for our end-to-end HR operations and services, covering the entire employee lifecycle and enabling an outstanding employee experience at Uber. You will help in creating best-in-class, technology-enabled solutions thereby driving efficiencies and enhancing the effectiveness of our people processes and programs.
- Develop the vision and strategy to deliver an extraordinary employee experience to all of Uber in line with the organizational growth and scale
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across People & Places teams (Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, DEI, Analytics, People Partners, Places) as well as Finance and Legal to continually improve our end-to-end people processes and drive operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Drive and operationalize compliance for the People Operations team globally through close partnership with the central compliance team as well as with other People & Place teams
- Partner with the People Tech and Engineering teams to leverage technology and enhance the effectiveness of our people programs
- Lead, develop, and coach a team of seasoned people operations leaders globally (APAC, US&C, LATAM, and EMEA) to drive consistency in operational metrics and employee experience
- Focus on continuous improvement by questioning the status quo and proactively finding opportunities to scale and optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of our HR services, processes, and operations
- Drive operational rigor by identifying, monitoring, and improving key people and operational metrics
- 15-20 years of experience in Business/People Strategy and Operations with a focus on driving transformational change in a highly matrixed environment and enabling an outstanding employee experience
- 5+ years of managing global teams
- Experience with HR systems and tools (ServiceNow/ Workday/Salesforce etc.)
- Experience leading a global HR Operations team for a scaled organization (>40,000 employees)
- Experience in a high-growth tech industry that has been through a transformation journey in people operations
- A strategic forward-thinker with the ability to set the long-term vision and strategy for the People Operations function along with executing seamlessly against the identified goals
- Agility to drive our operational plan and metrics scalably and at pace
- Leadership skills to drive a transformational agenda while bringing along cross-functional stakeholders and driving change management across the global operations team
The People Partner and Operations team at Uber provides a seamless people experience to all employees (especially in moments that matter), which enables them to positively impact the business.
This team leads scaled, human resource (HR) support to Uber’s leaders, managers, and employees, driving overall engagement and a phenomenal employee experience.
The team also focuses on driving the transformation of our people systems, processes, and tools with the objective of improving overall HR delivery efficiency and enabling Uber’s growth and scale.
- For Chicago, IL-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$178,000 per year - USD$198,000 per year.
- For Dallas, TX-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$178,000 per year - USD$198,000 per year.
- For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$198,000 per year - USD$220,000 per year.
- For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$198,000 per year - USD$220,000 per year.
- For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$178,000 per year - USD$198,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.