Director Organizational Development
The world of working and learning has changed. This is your opportunity to be a part of a brand transformation and growth strategy within the retail industry. Staples is helping our customers and community discover innovative products, services, and inspiration that unlock what’s possible, while empowering you to unlock your potential. Our people are the heart of our success and there has never been a better time to join us as we lead the way in a new era of working and learning.
As the Organizational Development Director for Staples, you will be responsible for managing the organizational development and change management initiatives to enable and drive a high-performance culture for Staples Retail. You will provide a strong voice in setting strategy, influence operating decisions, and be a key player in our inclusion & diversity initiatives. Come be a part of an extraordinary HR team that works as a team, has fun, and is helping Staples mission to lead the way in a new era of working and learning.
Get great perks.
- Short-term and long-term incentive plans; Generous amount of paid time off
- Flexible work arrangements, including hybrid (remote and corporate office in Framingham)
- 401(k) plan with a company match, full benefits plan and options, and associate resource groups
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- Corporate office includes a café (i.e., coffee, cappuccinos, teas), 24/7 fitness center, convenience store, on-site dry cleaning, Chef Louie’s Cafeteria, and more
Be an expert in Organizational Development.
- Enable US Retail to have the right talent with the right capabilities to execute our evolving business strategy and enhance productivity and performance. Inclusive of function-specific talent plans, development offerings, and leadership development models
- Create a standardized learning infrastructure within US Retail and leverage standardized approaches to annualized planning and ongoing governance
- Manage the development and execution of employee engagement programs and ensure all initiatives/activities are promoted and delivered
- Integrate processes such as proficiencies, onboarding, succession planning, performance management, and strategically align the work with all other aspects of the Talent Management Strategy
Exhibit Strong Communication and People Management.
- Build complex relationships with senior business members and their teams, HRBPs and a wide array of potential external vendors
- Provide consulting services to leaders, serve as a strategic partner in facilitating organizational change processes, and assist with expert facilitation and coaching
- Manage and develop two associates. Support their career development and conducting talent planning
Support and lead Inclusion & Diversity.
- Support, advise, and influence all levels of management to enhance and promote I&D
- Be a leader in the rollout and operation of US Retail’s diversity and inclusion strategy
Essential skills and experience:
- 10+ year experience in talent, learning and/or OD
- BA/BS degree
- Proficient in Hogan, MBTI, and EI assessments
- Coaching Certification
- Evidence of a continuing commitment to personal/professional development
- Adult Education
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing a Talent Management function
- Experience in learning theory and/or performance improvement methodologies
- Experience in LMS a plus
Want to learn more about Staples Stores? Visit StaplesConnect.com for information and to learn about our career opportunities.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.