Director, Organizational Development
Lone Tree, CO
Reporting into the Talent & Organizational Development leadership team, this Director is a people leader responsible for leading the Manager Excellence team with ownership and oversight to the strategic planning, development, and execution of solutions designed to serve the unique needs of the firm-wide people leader population.
In this role, you will lead and support the design and implementation of enterprise-wide people leader programs and initiatives that will serve to grow key leadership capabilities to align with organizational change.
This role will also work and collaborate with business groups and HR to identify, assess, and develop additional opportunities to further enhance and enable people leader development opportunities within business line-specific initiatives. Most critically, this role requires excellent strategic planning and visionary skills, program management capabilities, and the ability to communicate with executives at all levels to lead the efforts of the Manager Excellence team now and many years into the future.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to work in the office and/or at home based on their preference
Employees may have the flexibility for a hybrid schedule, where they divide their time between working remotely or in the office.
Employees and managers can discuss additional flexibility options based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
Subject to change. Schwab is continually evaluating its approach to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees
What you are good at
- Overseeing all aspects of large-scale leadership development initiatives including strategy, vision, planning, continuous improvement of leader community and resource platforms, content creation and implementation
- Assessing and driving the development of leaders by directing timely and relevant content materials through a diverse delivery method process, through micro-learning portal uploads to content workshops and speaker series
- Consulting, evaluating, and positioning effective, multi-modal solutions aligned to business priorities and desired outcomes
- Leading a small team of learning professionals where you inspire a deep followership and high levels of team engagement through psychological safety, thoughtful utilization of employee’s talents and abilities, and shared accountability
- Ability to navigate and effectively lead through both the strategic planning and solution execution phases of leadership development initiatives
- Building relationships across the various HR Centers of Excellence and utilizing that network for cross-collaboration and interdependency alignment
- Creating order out of ambiguity, and thriving in the ‘strategic sandbox’ and environments of transformation
- Willing to challenge the status quo and encouraging creativity and innovation
- Solving complex problems collaboratively, and with a balanced risk-management lens
- Managing budget and expenses for all Manager Excellence activities
What you have
- 10+ years of experience in talent and leadership development roles applying a broad range of principles, skills, and experience
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams in a Learning and Development function
- Broad design and implementation experience of enterprise-wide solutions required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in a highly regulated financial services environment preferred
- Organizational Development experience and change management experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and understanding of how talent programs integrate into the business cycle and support business objectives to execute practical, effective and simple firm-wide solutions
- Results oriented professional who takes the initiative and effectively distills strategy, and varied sets of input to drive to decisions and follow through to execution
- Confident decision maker in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional executive communication, relationship management, and influencing skills
- Ability to be courageous and create followership while building high performing, diverse, cross-functional work teams of both direct and non-direct team members rallied around the strategy
- Strong emotional intelligence, emotional maturity and senior level executive presence
- Driver of transformation, change and process improvement through people, process and technology
- Able to synthesize complex ideas/information/processes and create actionable, organizational objectives. Must balance the needs of the firm and the individual businesses to deliver solutions meeting current and future needs
In addition to the salary range, this role is also eligible for bonus or incentive opportunities
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.