Director of Urban Wood Sales
Cambium CarbonWashington, DC - Remote20 days ago
What if every architecture and design project across the U.S. featured wood products sourced from locally fallen trees supporting new tree planting in that same community?
Cambium Carbon is an early-stage circular economy company reforesting America by enabling local wood economies. By saving fallen city trees from landfills, turning them into their best use, and channeling revenues into new tree planting, Cambium is creating this unexpected climate solution. This
wood is currently used at small scales in cities across the country. This is where you come in! The industry needs a single, unifying platform to amplify the market by connecting supply to demand at scale—while positively impacting people and the planet. Technology sits at the center of this.
Supply exists in the form of millions of trees falling in US cities each year. Demand for local, sustainable, impactful products continues to rise. Cambium Carbon is connecting wood buyers to urban millers in a way that has never been done before. As we scale, Cambium is tech-enabling urban forestry more broadly.
A Unique Opportunity
We are at an inflection point, a small team preparing to launch several pilot programs to foment scaling across the US.
As Director of Urban Wood Sales, you will design, execute, and iterate the sales strategy, establish sales pipelines in partner cities, and enable Cambium Carbon’s growth across the system. You will be responsible for selling products that are unequivocally good—locally sourced, locally processed, planting local trees. Products that enable systemic change, address social inequities by supporting workforce development programs in cities, and directly contribute to carbon sequestration.
As our first sales hire, you will join an ambitious team and help build this movement—scaling our impact and business across the country. We love what we do, are incredibly grateful for the opportunity to do it, and are looking forward to seeing if you are a great fit.
Who You Are:
- You are a gritty, creative entrepreneurial sales professional. You relish the chance to roll up your sleeves and dig into a new opportunity, hunt, and drive impactful results
- You have 5+ years of experience selling and managing high value contracts (products or services related to wood products or building materials preferred)
- You are an empathetic listener excited to learn the ins and outs of the urban wood industry
- You are curious, flexible, and adaptable, and you wisely know when to take the initiative to help create, implement, and iterate on effective sales processes, pitches, collateral, and more (opposed to just following along with established processes)
You will be accountable for:
- Directly generating sales leads and converting them into sales dollars
- Refining the impact messaging to ensure authentic brand voice throughout the sales process
- Vetting & managing inbound leads while pursuing new business via outbound strategies
- Managing the sales pipeline from lead to close (with help from core team as needed)
- Working alongside the founding team to create, implement, and iterate on the sales process, pitch/demo script, collateral, tooling, documentation, and more
- Creating and implementing long-term sales strategy
- Support in developing staffing plan for long-term sales team growth
Basic Qualifications (required)
- 5+ years of experience executing and managing sales strategies and deals (wood products and building materials preferred)
- Proven track record of managing and growing client accounts exceptionally well
- Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) tools (e.g Salesforce, Hubspot…etc)
At Cambium Carbon, culture propels us forward. Our culture is not 'one-size-fits-all' or stagnant. Culture is the daily practice of our values, and everyone at Cambium has a responsibility to add and deepen our culture. Culture is a living, breathing entity, and we foster a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone is respected and heard. That said, we have several core values we look for as a starting point:
- To manage a complex system and build an amazing team, communication is key. You seek to understand before being understood. You use 3 words instead of 10, and you constructively engage with teammates to discover the best option.
- Doing something great takes courage. You question actions inconsistent with (y)our values. You take calculated risks. You leave your ego at the door, and you take extreme ownership of your mistakes.
- Creating something new requires curiosity. You are eager to learn, fail, and learn more, and you are not afraid of a challenge just because it hasn’t been done before.
- We are a gritty team. You view failures as learning opportunities. You relish every moment to challenge yourself and positively impact the world.
- We are impact-focused. You are proactive despite uncertainty. You consistently deliver exceptional work and you take and deliver feedback well to maximize impact.
Cambium Carbon is committed to building an inclusive organization that reflects the diverse communities our team works to serve.
We believe that diversity in all its forms (gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, veteran's status, disability and more) is essential to imagining and actively building a more just and sustainable future for all. We also actively promote diversity outside our organization, through the partnerships we enter into and the business decisions we make.
Benefits & Compensation
- Aggressive commission-based package
- Health Insurance (medical, vision & dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible schedule
- Being part of an exciting, fast-paced team changing the world
- Equity Plan
- Local volunteer opportunities
While COVID has forced us—like many businesses—to work remotely, it is our expectation that thisrole will work out of our Washington, DC office when safe to do so.
Position to be filled by May 10th for a June 1st start dat