Are you a sustainability expert passionate about the work you do, your career goals and ideas that can benefit your organization?
Are you a team player with the desire to work collaboratively with multiple teams all while gaining knowledge?
If this sounds like an environment where you would like to take your career to the next level, Floor & Decor has an opportunity for you!
Who we are: Founded as a single store in 2000, we’ve quickly become one of the country’s leading retailers through our associates’ teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit. With 140 stores and counting, the opportunities to advance within our organization are endless; we’re proud to rank 48th on Fortune’s 2020 list of the 100 fastest-growing companies.
We currently have a rewarding opportunity for a Director of Sustainability who will further shape and implement our environmental sustainability strategy.
The ideal candidate will lead the development and reporting of Floor & Decor’s environmental goals and targets while utilizing their proven industry experience and exemplary track record to collaborate with leaders across the company to influence environmental sustainability program adoption, integration and reporting.
Responsibilities will include leading the development of our environmental sustainability programs, completing external environmental and ESG reporting and disclosure, and submitting survey and index submissions that impact ESG ratings.
If this sounds like a career opportunity you would like to pursue, check out the requirements and job functions below.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build out/further develop existing environmental sustainability strategy, implement adoption and communicate with senior management, employees and external stakeholders.
- Ensure environmental strategy and execution ties to an overarching ESG strategy and business objectives.
- Design and complete reporting in accordance with applicable frameworks (e.g., CDP, GRI, SASB, SDG, DJSI, TCFD).
- Collaborate in building sustainability principles and targets into short and long-range business and operations planning. Measure and monitor progress against sustainability strategies, goals and performance targets, developing evaluation systems as required.
- Collaborate to ensure a consistent, coherent representation of environmental positioning as a component of aggregate ESG positioning and policy development.
- Collaborate with leaders across key areas of the company (e.g., Investor Relations, Real Estate, Store Operations, HR, Facilities, DEI, Finance, etc.) to coordinate integration across Floor & Decor.
- Maintain awareness of the external sustainability environment, researching and monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, reporting standards, stakeholder concerns, and communicating and educating others.
- Foster a culture of sustainability through collaboration, ongoing organizational communications, education and engagement. Create and implement communication strategies to publicize the company’s sustainability efforts and promote broad awareness of sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally as required.
- Influence and advise on a wide range of complex environmental and sustainability issues.
- Lead through ambiguous situations and complete activities not directly associated with well-defined responsibilities.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in corporate environmental sustainability or other ESG role preferred
- Strong understanding of ESG reporting standards, ESG organizations and ESG reporting (e.g., CDP, TCFD, SASB, GRI, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; advanced degree/certificate in a field involving sustainability reporting highly preferred
- Strong understanding of ESG reporting standards and disclosure expected by investors
- Strong technological skills and ability to create visual presentations to convey ESG standards
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, effective at presenting to all levels of the organization; able to prepare internal and external communications on sustainability efforts
Working Conditions (travel & environment)
- Limited travel required including air and car travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.