Director of Strategy
Please note that DMM will only contact you using email addresses that end in .com. We have been made aware that someone may be using aliases such as firstname.lastname@example.org to contact individuals as part of an apparent scam. Those individuals are not affiliated with DMM, so we do not recommend interacting with that email alias, or any others that do not end in .com should you receive email correspondence that claims to be from us. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Digital Media Management (DMM) is a leading full service digital agency, content studio and incubator specializing in social-first, “always-entertaining” marketing. DMM works with movie studios, television networks, streaming services and consumer brands to create groundbreaking social media campaigns via fan activations, innovative content creation, results-driven paid media planning, and strategic influencer-brand partnerships.
We’re currently seeking a Director of Strategy to join our Los Angeles based entertainment division. This role will lead a team of Strategists that work with various client teams to develop best-in-class social media strategies for our partners. The Director will oversee the RFP process for new business and seek out incremental opportunities for existing clients. This position is a key leader amongst the TV and Streaming team, collaborating with other department leads to continuously evolve DMM’s strategic perspective and approach.
- Partners with account Directors and department heads to identify opportunities for growth and innovation in both new business and existing client teams
- Oversees a team of Strategists that lead the creation and execution of strategic deliverables
- Responsible for setting and enabling all aspects of the strategic process: setting KPIs and benchmarks, developing timelines, organizing brainstorms, cross-team collaboration, developing decks and collecting feedback from internal stakeholders
- Establishes and empowers a standard of excellence for strategic approach and deliverables for all Strategists
- Partners with Creative team leadership to optimize creative opportunities in the pitch and deliverables process
- Serves as an ongoing strategic resource for DMM leadership teams
- Leads learning for Strategy team, identifying opportunities for ongoing education for team members, while devising systems for development of those learnings for clients
- Acts as a strategic thought leader in relevant client meetings with ability to communicate at an executive level with clients
- Develops competitive analysis and qualitative and quantitative research standards for clients
- Ability to lead strategy presentations
- Experience leading RFPs, pitches and or campaign strategies for entertainment clients
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as presentation skills
- Experience with social media strategies and research tactics
- Experience leading a team
$125,000 - $140,000 a year
The salary range for this role is $125,000-140,000 and is based on experience, responsibilities of the position, subject matter expertise and is location specific.
We also know how important benefits are to your overall compensation package and take them seriously. Work/life balance, health insurance, DEI and training are all an important part of the DMM DNA. (Benefits are dependent on eligibility.)
Benefits: DMM pays 100% of the cost for employee medical, dental, and vision premiums, as well as covers 40% of dependent premium costs. Employer paid life insurance A tax-advantaged health savings account (HSA)A 401(k) plan that provides employees an annual company matchPaid family leave
Work/Life Balance: Open PTO: DMM offers unlimited vacation & sick daysDMM Fridays: Employees have the opportunity to sign off early and kick-start their weekends at 2pm on Fridays
DEI: DMM offers DEI specific training focused on preventing discrimination and harassment in the workplaceERGs focusing on diverse perspectives across DMM to promote diversity, inclusion, and shared experiences Generous donation match to non-profits of interest to our employees
Training: Extensive onboarding that includes working with multiple departments to learn the DMM wayFrequent trainings on the latest tools and trends and how to optimize them for our clients
Company culture you ask? Our company culture is casual, fun, and empowering. There is a lot of room for growth in this role! That’s right, no glass ceiling and room to learn.
Digital Media Management is an equal opportunity employer. We work together to create a space that fosters diversity and inclusion across race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, national origin, and veteran status. Our diversity strategy is simple: grow a team of creative, innovative, passionate people from varied backgrounds to produce best-in-class digital campaigns.