Director of Strategy
Good Joo JooRemote17 days ago
About Good Joo Joo:
We’re a lean, mean team of digital marketers who work with everyone from e-commerce hustlers bringing in 9 figures a year to innovative apps backed by some of the best VCs around. We focus on paid advertising and marketing automation and everything we do is driven by numbers. We thrive on getting clients a great return on their money.
We also value freedom and responsibility like no other. We’re 100% remote, but you’ll be welcome to visit our office in downtown Austin whenever you’d like. We also meet up several times a year to jam together and have some fun (the next team retreat is in Bali — yes, for real).
We want people (you and our clients) to do well and also do good in their lives and communities.
Who You Are:
You are an entrepreneur in training. You’re incessantly curious and probably a little anal. You cringe when you misspell someone’s name. If you’re presented with something you know nothing about, you dive in fearlessly to learn more. You are thoughtful, empathetic, and impeccable with your word.
What You’ll Own:
You will have to switch gears quickly. You’ll be learning about several different businesses, platforms, and software all at once and committing all of it to memory.
You’ll lead strategy for a handful of client accounts. Analyzing performance, discussing strategy with clients, and delegating tasks to our implementation team are all things you will do in the first month on the job.
Someone who excels in this role will become a key stakeholder in Good Joo Joo with the ability to inform strategy, pick and choose their projects, lead client communications, and acquire new skills that help the business grow and our clients adapt and succeed in the ever-changing marketing landscape.
We need someone who is willing to wear multiple hats and switch gears quickly. Excellent written and verbal skills will get you very, very far in our eyes. Attention to detail is everything.
- Entrepreneurial spirit — have you ever had a side hustle? Can you identify what you need to be successful and go make it happen?
- Reliable — you do what you say you're going to do, when you say you're going to do it.
- Accurate — able to follow instructions to a T
- Efficient — you can independently prioritize your task list & you love “beating the clock” on a task that should have taken a long time, but didn’t.
- Tactful — you think things through and communicate clearly and professionally.
[Did you notice one of those bullets is missing punctuation?]
- Must be available during US working hours.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- Must have at least 2 years experience as an Account Manager or at a marketing agency.
- Must submit a resume.
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS.
- Familiarity with Photoshop.
- Experience with paid advertising.
- Experience managing a team of at least 2.
NICE TO HAVES
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Suite, and video editing software.
- A writing sample.
- HubSpot Marketing certified.
$$ & Stuff
Pay is commensurate with experience. Base salary + bonus based upon performance & total company revenue. Education & health insurance stipends available.
Summer Fridays are also a thing we adore and honor.
How to Apply
Fill out this form.