Director of Software Engineering
Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
PharmaCann is building out a Microservices based service layer that will be used for both internal and external consumers/applications to provide both an integration platform as well as enable ESB capabilities. Successful candidates will have the ability to vision a complete system and lead a team of engineers in an agile project environment. They will also be responsible to work directly with business stake-holders to gather business requirements, doing proper technical designs, and developing production ready components.
- Build an enterprise class microservices platform that enables integration between internal and external platforms & applications.
- Build any web applications based on the needs of the business.
- Build integrations between various applications and services as the technical ecosystem matures and evolves.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor and lead elite engineering team members.
- Keep pace with the changing business environment, technology and innovation in order to optimize value.
- Hold your teams accountable for consistent, timely delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar discipline.
- 12+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 6+ years of experience in engineering management.
- Solid knowledge in a modern language and frameworks with special focus on Java and Kotlin
- Strong Java, associated frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot
- Expert understanding of modern web and middleware and backend architecture
- Strong knowledge of messaging platforms like RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.,
- Knowledge with deployment, provisioning, configuration, and orchestration
- Strong knowledge of front-end frameworks like React, Node, Vue or other js frameworks
- Knowledge with Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory build infrastructure
- Knowledge with Gradle, Maven and other build tools
- Knowledge with Git, GitHub, Gitlab version control tools
- Knowledge of current cloud architectures, infrastructures, and services
- Expert understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including software configuration management practices
- Ability to lead a team of full stack engineers using Agile methodologies.
- Skills necessary to configure, automate, maintain, and document continuously integrated product builds and deployments
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Capable of independently learning new products, technologies, and tools
- Ability to multitask on day to day operational work in conjunction with project work, while meeting deadlines and communicating progress
- Ability and willingness to work with cross functional teams across different time zones
- Track and support application builds and deployments into Dev, QA, and Production environments
- Prior experience building teams from the ground up and is a teamplayer with great leadership and communication skills.
- You have experience building processes and driving alignment across multiple departments, stakeholders, customers, and team members.
- You value and have experience building and managing a diverse and inclusive team environment with strong commitment to respect, equality, collaboration and teaming.
- You are highly organized—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.