Director of Social Media
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture, and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Director of Social Media will lead all aspects of social media for the Equinox brand. They will be responsible for leading our social media and content strategies, driving innovation, and demonstrating consistent superior creative thinking.
The ideal candidate will be a digital and social trendsetter at the forefront of what is now, new and next in new technology, emerging platforms, pop culture, and everything in between. He/she will advise on overall social approach and user behavior, formulate strategies to execute the content strategy, and develop and execute innovative campaigns to drive the strategy and brand engagement in social channels.
- Execute and continuously evolve a multi-platform strategy that grows Equinox’s brand affinity, engagement, reach, and audience in order to drive membership growth and engagement.
- Ensure an effective presence across social platforms with an emphasis on Instagram, TikTok & YouTube defining what platforms we should be on and what our unique voice is within each
- Manage the social media content calendar, setting targets and timelines for key initiatives and content production
- Track, analyze, and report on performance of our social content, and continuously optimize social strategy based on our best performing content
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing team and other departments on creation of content and campaigns to drive growth, reach, and engagement
- Identify partnerships and innovations to ensure Equinox remains a best-in-class brand in social media marketing
- Execute and evolve a multi-faceted influencer strategy that showcases internal and external partners
- Understand the social media universe and stay current with trends, language, outlets, and resources to achieve the best performance on social platforms
- Oversee our social media marketing technology stack, optimizing our investment while innovating our capabilities
- 6-8 years of experience and a proven track record of social media content and channel strategies for brands in fashion, hospitality, or luxury goods
- Experience building brands on social platforms, with a strong eye for message, content, and stories
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- BS/BA required, with a marketing or communications background
- Strong analytical background, able to track ROI and build regular performance reporting
- Experience managing and negotiating with external partners and agencies
- Working knowledge of social analytics, listening and publishing tools, including/not limited to Sprout, Spredfast, Crimson Hexagon, Hootsuite, and native platforms insights
Pay Transparency: Min $126,500 - Max $145,000
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.