Director of Scalable Support
San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As the Director of Scalable Support, you’ll have the opportunity to bring together and lead two important and impactful pillars of our support organization: Community Support and Product Education. On the Community side, you’ll help lead and grow our one-to-many support platforms (Twitter, Support Forum, etc.) and moderation strategy, creating a safe and engaging space for our customers to ask questions, share feedback, and learn from each other. On the Product Education side, you’ll help develop and support our self-service efforts (Help Center, YouTube tutorials, etc.), creating high-quality resources that help customers find quick solutions and teach learners about Figma, design, development, and more.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Communicate clear vision and purpose, helping to draw the connection between Scalable Support and our broader company goals.
- Build and shape the future of our Scalable Support function, aligning the goals and strategies of our Community and Product Education teams, ensuring we are focused on crafting premium self-service experiences for our customers.
- Improve deflection and customer education through effective self-serve, educational content strategy, and other key initiatives, ensuring that we provide a stellar experience throughout the entire customer journey.
- Partner with Support Operations on strategic direction and implementation of automation tooling (i.e. AI chatbots, Zendesk triggers, etc.) to improve our contact flow and help our customers self-solve with ease.
- Help to drive forward our localization strategies, ensuring our teams are prepared to scale globally.
- Define, implement, and report on key performance metrics for Scalable Support, surfacing meaningful insights to our broader Product Support organization and cross functional partners.
- Ensure the team is equipped to handle critical issues and incidents, providing swift customer responses and keeping our internal teams up to speed on progress and issue resolution.
- Coach and develop our current and up-and-coming leaders with a focus on leadership skills and career development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional content teams to drive growth for Figma’s YouTube channel.
- Deliver quality support on Twitter, our forum, and other community platforms, ensuring our customers experience a responsive and engaging experience.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of work experience with 4+ years experience leading high-performing support teams and developing leaders across multiple geographical locations.
- A deep understanding of people leadership with a strong passion for building effective teams and developing talent.
- Strong technical capability and written communication skills, with the ability to turn complex ideas into easily understood concepts.
- A strong strategic mindset and comfort with navigating ambiguity with the ability to anticipate future trends.
- Experience building high performing help centers and community forums.
- A desire and steadfast approach to continuously improve the customer and employee experience.
- Experience building and leading support initiatives in the constantly evolving growth and excitement of a start-up culture.
- Familiarity with design processes and tools are a plus!
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.