Director of Sales Development
VAST Data is looking for a Director of Sales Development to join our growing team!
This is a great opportunity to be part of the fast-growing infrastructure company in history. In just a few short years, we’ve shaken up the industry by challenging traditional architecture models and introduced a revolutionary set of storage possibilities through our Universal Storage platform.
Our success has been built through incredible leadership and motivated employees who want to leverage their skills & experiences to make a real impact. This is an opportunity to be a key player at a pivotal time in our company’s growth.
Come join the disruption, make your mark, and be a part of the amazing team introducing the new era of data storage!
The VAST Data team is looking for a Director of Sales Development to manage, develop and expand our team of inside sales executives. You will be responsible for the training and enablement of the team, modernizing the outreach process and measuring the teams efficacy and effectiveness. You’ll coach the team to interact with customers and partners on a daily basis and guide the team to achieve their established metrics as they promote VAST Data’s solutions in the market.
- Build out global inside sales organization
- Manage a team of 10+ inside sales reps
- Grow the team to support new global markets
- Work with company leadership to establish team and individual quotas
- Recruit the right talent and be responsible for interviewing, hiring and overseeing development of new inside sales hires
- Create a regimented and structured curriculum to develop our inside sales reps into field sellers or managers
- Mentor, train and guide inside sales reps on prospecting and sales methodology
- Coach inside sales reps on phone, email and other communication
- Work closely with the marketing and enablement team to produce content for inside sales reps to use
- Ensure that inside sales team is tightly integrated with field counterparts
- Motivate the team and create a collaborative, vibrant office culture
- Deliver regular sales forecasts on activity, performance, and projections
- Lead team to achieve goals and effectively manage daily operations, forecasting and sales cycle stages
- Develop a thorough knowledge of VAST’s mission and be able to link direct application of methods and plans to accomplish set goals
- 5+ years of inside sales management experience in a sales environment
- Solid understanding of sales methodology, deal positioning, and closing
- Must be able to to regularly interact with cross-functional teams, customers, and other internal team leaders
- Must be highly perceptive to detail and able to be resourceful and work well under pressure
- Experience successfully managing team sales pipeline and forecasting to achieve revenue quotas
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesforce preferred