Director Of Sales And Business Development
Surfside is an end-to-end marketing technology company that has built a first of its kind data activation and customer acquisition platform that provides brands and retailers the ability to manage, enrich and activate all of their customer data in order to increase awareness, traffic, and ultimately sales. We work with many clients and advertisers across different verticals and have a core focus in the Cannabis industry as we bring unique technology to a complex and massive vertical. We are looking for innovative, action-oriented professionals with the desire and initiative to make a major impact for the leading technology platform in the Cannabis space as we continue to expand within Cannabis and to other verticals.
Surfside is looking for someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves, think outside the box, and help lead our advertising sales efforts on the East Coast. This person will consultatively work with brands, retailers and agencies, by building and executing advertising campaigns to further develop and grow Surfside's presence. This role relies on cross functional success with our internal product, account management and creative services teams, ensuring client partner success on the Surfside platform. This role is perfect for someone who loves working towards, and delivering against, tangible and measurable revenue goals, all while having a track record of doing so. This role also requires the ability to hit the ground running, and generate revenue immediately.
This is a remote position preferably in NY and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build out, develop and manage assigned territory
- Develop a strategy for building on our customer base for the East Coast region, including prioritizing target accounts, refining our value proposition and raising our profile in the market
- Prospect for clients, pitch new business, build and maintain customer relationships, and generate sales
- Ability to lead an RFP process; creating tailored media and data proposals that include mobile, desktop and tablet display, video and programmatic digital media
- Hit or exceed sales targets and accurately forecast business
- Work with account management, ad operations, and product teams to ensure our client's campaigns are successful
- Bring client feedback to the Surfside product team to help shape our product offerings
- 7+ years digital ad sales experience, building partnerships with advertisers & their agencies
- Deep experience owning the sales cycle: researching, prospecting, outreach, structuring, pitching, negotiating, and closing complex six/seven figure advertising campaigns
- Passion for technology, media measurement, programmatic advertising and consumer insights
- Self driven and motivated; ability to work remotely from home with minimal supervision
- Successful track record building out a territory
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.