Director of Retail Facilities
Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast.
We are seeking a leader of capital programs for construction, scheduled maintenance services, disaster recovery planning, vendor management services, budget management and administration, quality control, and relationship-building with internal and external engineering and operations partners for all PharmaCann Retail stores. The Director of Retail Facilities will interact daily with many levels of operations with Retail, REFA, Finance, HR and Asset Protection. The ultimate goal of this position is to provide best in class service to our retail stores in all areas of facility management including emergency services, general repairs and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management and administrative direction for Protecting the brand image”, maintaining retail assets, by keeping the stores functioning and in great shape
- Managing OPS ticket process, managing correct vendors, and coordinating the vendor activity per State regulations.
- Support ongoing expansion and construction projects for the retail stores across multiple states.
- Prioritize operating needs to develop retail facilities management with a focus on the safety of personnel, employee and customer experience and cost management while addressing core needs.
- Identify, plan, and administer capital for retail revitalization projects annually, including design and construction projects along with current facility improvements such as store remodels, FF&E retrofits, HVAC, plumbing, exterior retrofits, and others.
- Support operational planning through technical expertise and process adherence for standardized SOWs, bid review, RFIs, submittals, change order management, materials supply management, RFP’s and real-time reporting.
- Provide strategic leadership and tactical support in the event of a significant disaster event or emergency in the assigned operating division
- Oversee vendor management including sourcing, KPI creation, and tracking, quality control, administrative compliance, and issue escalation/resolution
- Design and create project packages, including all relevant permissions, authorizations, certifications, and any architectural or engineering plans, designs and blueprints.
- Ensure vendors adhere to all internal requirements in addition to local/state/federal law.
- Develop and implement administrative processes to ensure appropriate cost control/billing practices and insurance requirements are satisfied.
- Must Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related degree
- 5+ years of management experience in field-based project management for a company with multi-site presence
- Project management certification (PMP) preferred
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Strong management skills
- Experience of managing facilities budgets and expenses
- Knowledge of cannabis industry and regulations highly preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in and foster a collaborative team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Suite
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- College degree in related field or 5 years of industry experience
- Solid understanding of the cannabis industry, cannabis laws, rules and regulations and the ability to stay current on any changes for the industry
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel within the Country regularly
- Successful candidate will be results oriented, driven, detail‐oriented, enthusiastic, organized and possess excellent communication skills
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of PharmaCann
Capable of working from remote location within Chicago and periodic visits to retail store