Director of Public Relations
We are looking for a Director of Public Relations who will lead a team of public relations and communication managers and agency partners dedicated to providing outstanding communications and brand narrative externally and internally. As the Director of PR, you will help drive the marketing communication strategy and are responsible for developing unique story threads to ensure Alo stands out in the media. In order to tell the brand story, the Director of PR will oversee all comms touch points including: press releases, press previews, create news collection alerts and draft day-to-day pitches for market and brand stories. You will also be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering communication strategies and tools that connect with our community, working closely with the broader internal marketing team including social, influencer, integrated marketing, community, and events.
We are looking for someone who leads through kindness and has a track record of achieving excellence through delivering on priorities, problem-solving, building capability and leadership, and developing high performing PR teams.
- Experience working closely as a trusted expert with senior leaders to identify needs, define PR strategy, develop action plans, identify deliverables, present results, measure outcomes, and provide recommendations.
- Great experience and relationships working with media to develop and implement communications and engagement plans that support product drops, new collections and community building.
- Being a champion for the Alo brand, our Mission and nurturing a positive company culture, by finding new ways to connect partners and share stories.
- Expertise in developing and implementing both reactive and proactive communications strategies and plans and rapid response support to leaders.
- A minimum of 10 years advanced experience in public relations and working with senior leaders in the design, merchandizing, marketing, and digital teams.
- At least 10 years of leading a high-performing team and agency partners.
- Progressive experience providing communications counsel and leading development of effective communications (written, visual, digital) for external audiences
- Demonstrated project leadership and management experience, providing effective oversight across the design, delivery, and outcome stages.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, work independently and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, proven track record of building strong collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga
- Free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents
- 401K with company matching
- Free treats, all day, every day in office! Stay fueled with complimentary cold brew, kombucha, and healthy snacks.
- Daily yoga classes at HQ taught by some of the best yogis in the world in addition to an onsite gym equipped with best-in-class equipment