Gannett Co., Inc. is a subscription-led and digitally-focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer Prize-winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes The USA TODAY NETWORK, which includes USA TODAY, and local media organizations in 43 states in the United States, and Newsquest, a wholly-owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom. We also own digital marketing services companies under the brand LocaliQ, which provide a cloud-based platform of products to enable small and medium-sized businesses to accomplish their marketing goals. In addition, our portfolio includes one of the largest media-owned events businesses in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
Gannett open roles are featured on various external job boards. When applying to a position at Gannett, you should be completing an application on Gannett Careers via Dayforce. Job postings directing you to complete an application on other external sites may not be valid.
Director of Programmatic Sales will lead the premium programmatic revenue strategy, collaborating with the Directors and Account Executives across the team. This role will report to the VP, Head of National Sales. We look for great people who are passionate about redefining premium publishing through innovation, creative thinking and embracing fun.
What You’ll Do
- Lead our partnerships in the programmatic ecosystem including development of 1P data partnerships
- Partner with the Direct Sales team to drive conversations and momentum tied to our programmatic solutions and data resources
- Commit to a high activity, strategic sales culture and instill/support that work ethic across the team
- Attend and guide in-person meetings, video/phone calls and client discussions with Account Executives
- Identify and influence media decision makers across the agency landscape
- Participate and represent USA TODAY Network at industry events
- Be a thought leader across the market and team by staying current on trends and innovations
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven track record of leading teams with 3-5 years of prior programmatic selling experience
- Highly skilled in negotiating and selling the intrinsic value of a premium content to customers, not just the program or price
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal presentations
- Relationships with senior level agency contacts to strategically close business and build relationships that lead to renewable business is a plus
- Able to entertain and build relationships with clients
- Thrives in a fast-paced, exciting environment while managing multiple priorities and maintaining an unwavering commitment to quality
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $103,500 and $213,000. Base compensation is reflective of many factors, including, but not limited to, the market in which one lives/works, individual education level, skills, certifications and experience. Note: variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.’s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.