Director of Product, Marketplace
TinderSan Francisco, CA10d ago
Our Product team is seeking a strategic Product Leader to spearhead the definition, development, launch, and maintenance of new recommendations products. In this role, you’ll own the efforts to build an ecosystem that delivers results for our members by harnessing the power of machine learning, user behavior modeling, and sophisticated recommendation engine tools. You’ll get to work with top talent on one of the world’s most exciting data sets at a scale that only Tinder has, all focused on helping the team fulfill the basic promise of Tinder to its members: making life more fun by connecting Tinder members to other people who may have not had otherwise met in real life.
What you’ll do:
- Define the team’s long term vision and create alignment with cross-functional partners: engineers, data scientists, designers
- Set the team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Tinder's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis
- Own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance.
- Deeply understand Tinder’s business and the metrics that impact the performance of the marketplace
- Identify new opportunities and forge partnerships with other teams across Tinder by understanding their metrics and building products to change the way they work
- Define new roles on the team, and lead the hiring efforts as we scale the team-up.
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
What You Will Need:
- 8+ years of product management in a high growth consumer tech company
- University degree, ideally with technical or business background or a mix of education and experience
- Experience leading Product Teams for consumer mobile apps and social networking businesses
- A deep understanding of the ML space, both from an academic perspective as well as real-world implementations.
- A demonstrable history of successful data-heavy consumer product launches with an exceptional focus on the user's needs and desires.
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- ·Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.