Director of Product Marketing
Yea, I do a hundred mil annual
Dope game, I damn near wrote the manual
Cookies sells iconic cannabis, with roots that stretch back to garage grows in San Francisco, before the industry was an industry. Our breeders developed many of the world’s most famous strains, from GSC to Gary Payton, and we have flagship stores and infrastructure operating on multiple continents.
At Cookies your work will have a personal impact at truly global scale —in Los Angeles, Detroit, and Barcelona, the quality of our products affects our customers’ lives for the better. We know cannabis can be a force multiplier for equity, economic inclusion, diversity, and community, and we are on a mission to bring that culture to the world.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing to lead and shape the strategic direction of our product categories while amplifying and driving the priorities for Cookies’ commercial goals and roadmap. Use a data-oriented approach to craft strategic plans for all Cookies product offerings that put the consumer and his/her needs front and center. The Product Marketing Director must be comfortable in data analysis, financial metrics, marketing fundamentals (4 P’s, 3 C’s), demand and supply planning, and collaborating with design teams to create breakthrough creative. Collaborates with Sales & Marketing, Partners & Retailers to develop insights, product, and selling solutions to skillfully elevate & grow our business.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Own your respective category P&L, responsible for managing your business to plan and course correcting with cross-functional partners to hit or exceed the plan as needed.
- Provide weekly and monthly updates on brand and product performance to leadership and cross-functional partners, leveraging wholesale, retail, and syndicated data sources to understand drivers of performance, progress against plan, and make recommendations for maintaining growth.
- Be a subject matter expert on market, category, and competitive trends and consumer insights for integration into innovation pipeline, sales and retail strategies, and marketing executions.
- Own new product launches from start to finish including product concept, cost and pricing analysis, achieving key milestones, and a successful launch that hits agreed upon volume and revenue targets.
- Work hand in hand with demand and supply planning as part of the larger overall S&OP process to forecast weekly and monthly sales and volume trends.
- Development of quarterly and annual strategic plans for all product categories that flow into marketing and sales execution plans.
- Oversight of respective category management budget. Responsible for delivering the year-end budget at prescribed number.
- Be a brand steward, understanding the Cookies brand and consumers to craft product and marketing strategies that are consistent with the brand DNA and grow the business.
- Collaboration with internal creative marketing team to achieve brand objectives.
- Work closely with sales and retail to ensure execution of marketing programs in the field and identify opportunities to grow the business in the trade.
- Interact cross-functionally with finance, sales, retail, tech, and project management to proactively identify and address problems or opportunities. Prioritize solutions and opportunities that will have the greatest impact.
- Be an active participant in the Cookies culture, living our principles and inspiring others to do the same.
- Other duties and responsibilities as encountered.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Marketing, MBA preferred.
- Two to four years related marketing experience, cannabis industry experience a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment and adaptable to change.
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces, strong organizational & project management skills.
- Strong computer skills (Tableau, Power BI, Excel modeling, PowerPoint presentations).
- Excellent analytical skills (mathematical aptitude, statistical knowledge, advanced data, and information filtering).
- Extensive knowledge in syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, and/or Spectra) and shopper data (IRI Panel, Numerator or retailer loyalty data).
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to seek out opportunities and solve problems.
- Distinguished written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Must have the confidence and ability to communicate and influence at all levels and across functions, outside and inside the company.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and correctly prioritize multiple projects.
- Positive attitude and infectious personal drive that energizes others.
- A valued team player that is a role model for collaboration.
- Conducts oneself professionally. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Consistently achieves desired outcomes on time and with a minimum of avoidable errors and issues.
Cookies is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We are looking for team members who are kind but driven, and who know how to get stuff done. We are a fun, entrepreneurial group focused on culture, community, and quality.
We believe that in diversity is strength. We encourage all to apply, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely. While our team and company-operated retail locations are primarily located in California, we are open to applicants who are willing to work west coast business hours. Come join our team!