Director of Product
TwitterSan Francisco, CA - Seattle, WA - Los Angeles, CA - Remote US10d ago
Twitter is seeking a Director of Product to help lead our efforts to oversee the Health of the platform. We are committed to increasing the collective health, openness, and civility of public conversation on Twitter.
The Director of Product for Heath Platform will be responsible for partnering with engineering teams to build critical infrastructure (e.g. measurement, signal sharing, etc.) that helps us address common challenges across spam, misleading information, compromised accounts, etc. This role is deeply cross-functional, and building strong relationships across Product, Engineering, Legal, and Policy will be critical to the success of this leader. As Twitter continues to serve as one of the most important communication tools in the world, the need for focusing on the Health of the platform increases.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience as a strong leader, and building and shipping a variety of products that combat spam and abuse and will have experience in informational integrity.}
Bachelor’s degree - ideally in computer science or design-related fields.
You might be the ideal candidate if:
- You have a demonstrated history of delivering consumer products (10+ years) and a deep understanding of platform health and safety.
- You have worked at a global consumer-focused social media, community, or other technology company where you have managed a team of PMs for at least 2 years.
- You are a leader in the field when it comes to issues like platform manipulation, safety & abuse, and other health-related initiatives.
- You are dedicated to keeping the customer at the center of all product and design decisions that are made to improve the overall experience.
- You have a working understanding of engineering and technical depth that lets you partner with and earn the respect of world-class engineers.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and excel at building strong cross-functional partnerships within an organization.
- You’re an active user of the Twitter product and are aware of social media landscapes in general.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership.
- You are invested in the overall health and success of Twitter as a company, and know when to balance the needs of your team and the needs of the general business.
- You receive feedback openly and graciously, and deliver feedback to your team or other stakeholders in ways that are supportive and actionable.
- You are able to lead numerous projects simultaneously while balancing competing priorities and time constraints.
- You enjoy making difficult things happen, and solving the many challenges along the way.
- You are patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded.
- You have unimpeachable ethics and excellent judgment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.