Director of Operations
Eden Green Technology is hiring a Director of Operations for our vertical farms in Cleburne, TX.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of our company. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
- Liaise with Executives to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of operations to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement and inventory
- Coordinate production metrics to Sales Department to support customer processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate operational SOPs
- Manage relationships/agreements with product service vendors
- Evaluate overall greenhouse operational departments by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity in relation to safety of people and product
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position preferably with a growth stage operation
- Controlled Environment Agriculture or Food Industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of OSHA and employee health/safety best practices
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. production, supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with Google Suites and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $80,000-120,000 based on experience
Location: Cleburne, TX (~20 mins from Fort Worth)