Director of Operations
This position is responsible for daily operations of the office, warehouse, and delivery departments to ensure all customer service, personnel, warehouse, and delivery functions of our business are handled in a professional and timely manner. This role is also responsible for ensuring the branch operation complies with corporate policies, governmental regulations, and safe operating practices.Job Description:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and execute office, sales administrative, warehouse and delivery policies, procedures and practices.
- Work in concert with the President. Coordinate and communicate with other managers and corporate personnel to ensure smooth operation to meet business requirements
- Responsible for inventory management and inventory control
- Responsible for standard operating procedures and safe operating practices
- Responsible for the safety of the local operation. Chairs the local safety committee.
- Hire, train, develop and manage staff; ensure branch is staffed to perform efficient operations.
- Oversee and comply with federal, state and local regulatory laws, including those related to delivery fleet, warehouse, and office operations.
- Oversee and comply with federal, state and local laws regarding excise taxes and licensing.
- Maintain and safeguard all the company assets (e.g. building, personal property, accounts receivable, cash).
- Ensure a safe, secure and clean environment is provided for employees.
- Responsible for Fleet Management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong branch-location leadership experience, including 8+ years of progressive operating responsibility, including leadership of a business office, warehouse operations, and delivery fleet operations.
- 4-8 years of experience managing $5 - $10m budget, with verifiable experience improving efficiency and the cost of operation.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to develop and motivate a team.
- Overall business acumen with 8+ years of applicable experience; must have knowledge and experience managing office, warehouse, fleet, facilities and delivery functions.
- Excellent professional communication skills.
- Strong Word and Excel experience required; Workday software experience desired.
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to interact with all functional areas and organizational levels, often in stressful situations.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and analytical skills.
Johnson Brothers is an equal opportunity employer.