Johnson Brothers is a national family-owned wine, spirits and beer distributor. We’ve been providing exceptional service to our customers since 1953, representing the world's most famous brands in the beverage industry.
This position is responsible for hiring, supervising and developing personnel and managing daily operations of the Office, Facility and Warehouse/Delivery Departments to ensure all sales, customer, personnel and inventory issues are handled in a professional and timely manner. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring the branch location is in compliance with Corporate policies, initiatives and governmental regulations.
- Hire, train, develop and manage staff; ensure branch is staffed to perform efficient operations.
- Direct and execute Office, Sales Administrative, Warehouse and Delivery policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage and develop a Delivery Management team that is responsible for directing all transportation activities and managing delivery drivers.
- Ensure that the Delivery Fleet is properly managed and maintained in conjunction with our maintenance vendors
- Responsible to lead and monitor development, implementation, standardization, and management of DOT Compliance
- Oversee and comply with federal, state and local laws regarding excise taxes and licensing.
- Oversee and comply with federal, state and local regulatory laws.
- Make certain inventory levels are accurate and manageable.
- Coordinate and communicate with other managers and Corporate personnel to ensure smooth operation at location.
- Responsible for site Human Resource and payroll functions, coordinating with the Corporate office as appropriate.
- Lead monthly department staff meetings and follow-up on issues or concerns.
- Maintain and safeguard all the company assets (e.g. building, personal property, accounts receivable, cash).
- Ensure a safe, secure and clean environment is provided for employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to develop and motivate a team.
- Overall business acumen with 8+ years of applicable experience; must have knowledge and experience managing office, warehouse and delivery functions. Excellent professional communication skills.
- Strong Word and Excel experience required; AS400 experience desired.
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to interact with all functional areas and organizational levels, often in stressful situations.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and analytical skills.
Johnson Brothers is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal treatment in employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender/gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, military status or any other basis in protected by applicable federal, state and local law. Johnson Brothers makes employment decisions based solely on the basis of qualifications for the job.