Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the facility operational policies, objective, and initiatives in their assigned facility. Ensures a collaborative and cooperative working relationship within their departments to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Oversee the operational management and business activities of the production, sanitation, trim, security, distribution, security transport, quality assurance, lab, extraction, and edibles departments in their assigned facility.
- Responsible for driving the departments to achieve and surpass goals and objectives, that will maximize output and minimize cost resulting in higher profitability.
- Direct and implement SOPs, methods, policies, objectives to advance their department, and ensure continuing operations to increase productivity and guarantee regulatory compliance.
- Assist facility leadership in the development and execution of the production schedule.
- Set and maintain inventory levels based on production schedule and sales forecast.
- Ensure quality, safety, GMPs and ISO standards are followed.
- Ensure facility decisions and project plans are in line with the Company’s business strategy and operational plan.
- Partner with Data Analytics to collect production data.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing tactics including Six Sigma to identify, scope and implement processes, technologies, and systems to continuously improve product quality as well as operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage department budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for Production Director.
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce costs including but not limited to direct and indirect labor, product materials and capital investments by improving workflow, achievement of internal project dates and improving efficiency and effectiveness of the costs of production in facilities, engineering, equipment, operations, inventory levels and holding costs.
- Utilize KPIs to monitor, adjust, reward, and optimize company operations performance.
- Partner with Compliance to meet regulatory standards for their department including document records, inventory counts, etc.
- Lead the training and development of direct reports in accordance with company policies to motivate and drive the achievement of business objectives and to build, uphold, and support the values of the Company.
- Ensure the production capabilities increase to enable growth in production possibilities and opportunities and to develop solutions to address capability needs.
- Partner with Human Resources to meet hiring needs and conduct performance reviews.
- Utilize all internal tracking systems, ERP and QMS to ensure consistent products and high-quality control.
- Creates an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Operate as an inclusive leader; engage all associates in a manner that supports company strategy and retention.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective collaborative developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations, manufacturing, or equivalent area of study preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in a production or manufacturing operations.
- Five (5) years’ experience in management/leadership roles.
- Knowledge of inventory control, production operations, packaging operations, order management, performance metrics, costs, and other techniques.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, initiative, attention to detail, drive for change, getting organizational support, building ownership and commitment, making though decisions and developing others.
- Ability to deliver results timely and in a pressure filled environment.
- Must be able to stand for at least 6 hours per day and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must be able to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.