Director of Operations
In partnership with the General Manager the Director Operations manages the overall operation of the hotel through maintaining established cost and quality standards maximizing profits developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations. Examines analyzes and evaluates operations of assigned hotels to ensure adherence to company and franchise standards and policies by performing the following duties. The majority of time is spent creating financial reports and interpreting and analyzing business records/ statistical reports. A portion of time will be assisting the sales force in developing and implementing effective sales and marketing strategies. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree or previous experience in the hotel hospitality field required.
- At least 4 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Mathematical skills are needed including but not limited to basic math problem solving reasoning negotiating budgeting profit/loss concepts variances and percentages are often used.
- Alcohol awareness certification. General Manager and/or other certification as required by franchise.
- Strong leadership skills with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail Planning and organizational ability Customer skills as well as Computer skills and general Accounting knowledge
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment and willingness to be on call when away from work.
- Manages all sources of revenue including the rooms housekeeping food and beverage engineering and other departments.
- Ensures all departments are profitable and maintain strong working relationships.
- Creates local and national marketing plans and pricing strategies and knows market segments.
- Responds quickly to changing market conditions and revises strategies accordingly.
- Actively participates in sales discussions meetings and plans. Knows key account executives and business base. Knows monthly production levels for each sales person on the staff.
- Promotes hotel's policies and philosophies to employees and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Creates the hotel's annual budget and monitors the performance of the hotel throughout the year.
- Produces monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Manages human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover motivating employees focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Completes a property Quality Assurance and franchise review semi-quarterly.
- Reviews GM's marketing calls semi-quarterly to maintain a thorough understanding of market conditions.
- Completes a direct bill audit semi-quarterly.
- Implements programs that meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Regional Vice President.
- Ensures that the responsibilities authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Conducts area meetings semi-annually.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to attendance guidelines set forth in the employee handbook. Expected to report to work on scheduled days and at scheduled times.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal state and local laws including OSHA EEOC Wage Hour and Health laws.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Nestled on a stretch of unspoiled beach along the Atlantic Coast in Palm Coast, Florida, Hammock Beach Resort is an extraordinary treasure. Families have been making special memories for years capturing them in pictures and videos. Whether it’s a first trip to our beautiful beaches or a relaxing spa weekend with the girls, take a look at what makes Hammock Beach Resort so special.
So much more than a hotel room — Hammock Beach Resort is designed for gatherings of friends and families, with villas and suites ranging from 700 to 2,350 square feet. Unlike standard hotels, our multi bedroom villas and suites allow you to experience resort living while still enjoying the comforts of home.
At Hammock Beach, it is our mission to ensure our guests experience a rich and carefree stay. We offer services that are truly unique to Hammock Beach.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan