Director of Media Relations
Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
The Director of Media Relations is responsible for leading all communications and media relations activities for Color Health, including the execution of a comprehensive external communications plan, creating and leading a proactive public relations strategy, and landing media outreach. This person will ensure activities are scalable, provide rapid and effective communication with key stakeholders, and leverage existing tools and methods.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Define and execute a bold strategy for external communications and media relations that strengthens Color’s awareness and presence with relevant healthcare stakeholders.
- Cultivate and sustain effective working relations with news outlets, editors, and journalists to create venues and events in which to position Color as a thought leader in the healthcare and life sciences industry.
- Identify and develop content for media outreach, including newsworthy angles, timely topics and thought leadership pieces.
- Manage agency relations and lead PR production and distribution, including drafting of press releases and communications with local, regional and national media outlets.
- Understand issues facing the healthcare industry and its impact within Color’s corporate and consumer business lines to develop relevant original content and thought leadership.
- Create an internal communication plan that keeps employees informed of initiatives and integrates external communications and activities across all areas of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field. Master’s Degree plus.
- 10+ years experience in external & corporate communications or media relations.
- Strong background in the healthcare industry and extensive healthcare media relations contacts.
- A track record of success in building relationships with media/press relevant to the healthcare industry and driving results for the business.
- In-Depth knowledge of the healthcare industry as well as traditional and non-traditional media.
- Excellent writing skills, solid presentation skills, experience developing and delivering presentations.
Color is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.