Director of Marketing
Coursera’s Enterprise Marketing team connects businesses, universities and governments with our world-class learning products, content and solutions. Enterprise Marketers play an important role in accelerating the growth and market share of the Enterprise Business globally with innovative marketing programs to attract, retain, and expand relationships across all segments.
As the marketing leader for Coursera for Business, you will play an integral role as a member of the business leadership team shaping and implementing strategy, collaborating, developing and orchestrating a comprehensive global marketing strategy and plan to drive growth of this key business line serving businesses around the world. To be successful in this role, you will need to have an ability to shape and build a comprehensive marketing strategy and plan aligned with business goals and tied to performance outcomes, expert communication, collaboration, influence, and ability to inspire team members to get great work done.
The ideal candidate will be creative, data-driven, have global marketing experience, and collaborate effectively with partners. If you are excited by the fast pace of building a global business that is having an impact on the world, we’d love to hear from you!
- Operate as key leader of the Coursera for Business leadership team responsible for driving revenue growth and market penetration of business globally
- Develop, own and activate global marketing strategy and plan aligned to business goals in partnership with region field marketing leaders; demand marketing; customer marketing; product marketing; and PR/Comms teams
- Partner with Enterprise CMO and marketing leadership to evolve marketing foundation, processes, and innovation in marketing
- Develop impactful communication channels, forums and feedback loops to share marketing plans, progress and performance to goals with Coursera for Business leadership, broader GTM team and key stakeholders
- Lead a cross-functional pod of global marketers to ensure goals, programs, and plan alignment and work collaboratively to ensure capacity and budget to execute and deliver commitments
- 15+ years Enterprise SaaS marketing experience in a fast-growth environment
- 7+ years responsible for building and orchestrating global marketing strategies/plans for a business/business unit in a highly matrixed environment
- Analytical skills and ability to leverage data to make business cases and decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Executive presence and engagement skills
- Proven experience across key marketing disciplines, including demand generation, brand and content, enablement, events, ABM and marketing technology.
- Proven experience engaging at an executive level internally with cross-functional groups and externally
- Proven experience working in a highly matrixed environment, including expertise in leading through others and a track record of leading successful cross functional programs, and ability to influence
- Proven experience helping build/scale businesses
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Storytelling and Influencing: Communicate with Impact
- Leadership through Marketing
- Strategic Innovation: Managing Innovation Initiatives
- Marketing in a Digital World
- Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
For California Candidates, please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
For our Global Candidates, please review our GDPR Recruitment Notice here.