Director of Marketing
Meyer Labs is looking for an exceptional Brand Director to act as “co-founder” and Head of Brand for our new-to-market Meyer brand. You and your team of entrepreneurial food lovers will craft our end-to-end marketing strategy and own its execution, driving emotional connection to our brand and turbo-boosting word-of-mouth.
As a player and coach, you will roll up your sleeves to lead our creative and content strategy; build our community of users, influencers, and press; and manage a team to drive traffic and optimize conversion on our website and at retailers. You'll manage the brand across all channels and touchpoints to amplify Meyer’s commitment to bringing exceptional, tailor-made cookware for people who love food and cooking. You'll build and coach a lean marketing team and work with external collaborators, setting them up for success and inspiring them to do their best work.
The ideal candidate has exceptionally strong storytelling, organization, and relationship management skills, has prior experience launching new-to-world brands, and is excited to grow and learn beside a highly motivated, collaborative, and food-loving team.
- Lead development and execution of the Meyer brand and marketing strategies that support our business objectives and drive growth
- Develop marketing campaigns across website, social, email, and influencer platforms to drive site traffic, conversion, and retention
- Shape the content strategy and creative process to drive results, both internally and in collaboration with key external partners, including defining and leading the content calendar
- Oversee and be accountable for the P&L, ensuring the overall business objectives are met through effective budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation
- Oversee on-brand influencer relationships and affiliate programs to exponentially expand our reach
- Oversee social media channels, content, and community engagement
- Manage PR partner(s), setting them up for success and ensuring consistent messaging through all press opportunities
- Manage growth marketing initiatives with agency partner(s) to help deliver on key metrics for website conversion rate optimization, social media advertising, and email marketing
- Define the channel strategy and collaborate with the Sales team to identify and pursue opportunities for the brand with retailers, develop customer presentations to pitch the brand, and create compelling and high-converting branding at retail point of sale
- Collaborate with creative teams from Hong Kong, California, and the U.K. as needed to build brand assets, including digital marketing assets, packaging designs, and point of sale materials
- Maintain a consumer-relevant, ownable, and differentiated brand identity and positioning to ensure our brand is consistently expressed
- Drive the vision for marketing team structure and recruit, coach, and lead all team members
- Collaborate with global teams to ensure consistent branding and messaging in local markets
- Oversee and collaborate with the Product Lead to identify winning product strategies, crafting an innovative, on-brand product roadmap that addresses unmet consumer needs with excellent product-market fit
- An instinctive food and cooking lover that browses recipes and food blogs in your free time!
- Embrace a “co-founder” mindset to build a new brand with constrained resources through experimentation
- Proven ability in marketing campaign execution, digital marketing, and content creation
- Experience launching successful new brands and/or disruptive new products
- Excited to both think through strategy and get your hands dirty
- Action-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Integrated marketing skillset, with a passion for thinking both creatively and analytically and the ability to implement learnings quickly
- Passionate self-starter with a strong work ethic, decisive, and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- While this is not a design position, an excellent creative eye is a must