Director of Logistics
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi Holdings Inc. ”) (CSE: JUSH) (OTCQX: JUSHF), we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Director of Logistics will oversee the strategic activities related to product distribution performance, inventory control, vendor compliance, planning, and growth strategies for expansions and or new facilities while supporting the Grower Processor, Security, Retail, and Commercial Teams with new initiatives. This is a remote role and requires 25% travel.
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 1500 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature’s Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank, The Lab, Tasteology, Nira + Medicinals and Sèche, which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for building, implementing, and managing Jushi’s logistics network from the ground up which includes secure, multi-state distribution of all medical and recreational cannabis.
- Build a plan which includes inhouse assets and potential third-party cost model (includes matrix of service, scheduling of delivery locations).
- Responsible for all DOT requirements for the company, drivers, and vehicles.
- Foster and maintain multiple vendor relationships and negotiate rates to ensure pricing and customer service expectations are met.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Identify constraints, risks & opportunities in the Logistics network.
- Provide visibility of shipments and deliveries to key stakeholders and provide KPI's.
- Monitor and reduce logistics backlog.
- Provide and maintain broad, deep understanding of current market/industry trends regarding rates and suppliers contrasted with short and long-term company demand.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Remote position with up to 25% travel throughout our U.S. locations.
- BA degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of logistics experience.
- Experience in route development, implementation, and optimization.
- Ability to operate effectively and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to foster collaboration and communication across multiple teams and states (to include Grower Processor, Security, Retail, and Commercial Teams).
- Strong work ethic, capable of thriving in a fast paced and complex environment with a focus on problem-solving.
- Passion for continuous process improvements.
- Detail-oriented, process-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience playing a prominent role in designing, executing and managing a logistics network with multiple state operations for a startup or high growth company.
- Experience with continuous improvement of efficiencies with the state-of-the-art technologies and innovative solutions for distribution.
- Proactively anticipate and address potential issues and conflicts in inventory management.
- Uses market benchmarks to drive results and profitability.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.