Director Of Lifecycle Marketing
Petco is looking for a Head of Customer Relationship to provide expertise, vision and leadership to define and implement customer relationship marketing strategy that successfully builds profitable, long-term customer relationships across all channels. This position will also provide strategic direction for tools and technology to support the implementation and execution of the customer relationship marketing strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize potential strategic growth opportunities in customer database. Develop plans to operationalize opportunities, both to incubate and long-term vision.
- Identify customer segments for targeted marketing programs and plan customer offers and incentive programs to deliver ROI-positive results
- Develop personalized customer journeys at all stages of the customer lifecycle to deepen the relationship with pet parents and their pets, including audience, customer needs, messaging strategy, offer strategy, and engagement timing.
- Responsible for customer-centric data-driven strategies and implementation plans to ensure success of lifecycle strategies, including paid, owned and earned marketing channels and customer touchpoints (in-store, in-app, online). Create continuous improvements for all key customer metrics: customer retention, acquisition, conversion, cross sell, customer migration, lifetime value – gross and net (ROI), enhanced value to program (benefits).
- Align all customer touch points with targeted creative communications developed and produced to match the targeted customer segments and meet the specific campaign objectives. Work with the creative team to ensure each element is in line with the customer type and PETCO’s branding and value statements.
- Enhance all contact programs by partnering with Analytics to develop predictive analytics model by segment that will determine who to contact, by what vehicle and with what offer that will lead predictable results.
- Lead new offer development in order to create an offer toolkit to be used across the organization.
- Partner with Brand Marketing, Insights, Analytics, Member Programs teams to analyze business and marketing data to identify key drivers, mechanics and associated dependencies for driving conversion, product adoption, retention, and cross-sell.
- Effectively translate analytics into clear insights and actionable recommendations
- Drive continued innovation in evolving marketing programs most effective at engaging the consumer audience at scale
- Forecast results from various tactics and advocate for resource prioritization
- Articulate program strategy and communicate results to key stakeholders; executive presentations on the program approaches and results will be required.
- Maintain, analyze, produce and communicate to management, third parties, and partners the progress, opportunities and results of all lifecycle programs.
- Prepare annual budgets for programs assigned and manage expenses in accordance with established budget, while maximizing profitability.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree in Marketing and/or Business Administration required. Master’s degree in marketing or Management is preferred.
- Ten years progressively responsible related work experience in CRM, database and loyalty/lifecycle marketing using lifecycle methodology, analytics and data-driven insights with customer profiles/segmentation, customer database mining, predictive modeling and sales analysis.
- Must possess proven well-developed ability to assess trends, competitor actions and technological advances in lifecycle marketing and services.
- Strong experience with store training, signage, technical development, financial planning, vendor coordination, and strategy development in addition to the overall communication plan is required.
- Related experience in a retail organization is required.
- Advanced background in loyalty and lifecycle marketing required.
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills are required as well as verbal presentation and written communication skills.
- Five years experience in a supervisory or managerial role required.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite. An equivalent combination of education and related experience can substitute for a degree.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.