Director of Lifecycle Marketing
San Francisco, CA
About the role
Chime is hiring a Marketing leader to focus on key acquisition and member onboarding initiatives, with the goal of getting millions of members to fall in love with Chime over and over again. Our Director of Lifecycle Marketing, Early Life, will lead a team of Marketers focused on acquiring loyal members through email, push, in-app and SMS strategies.
This role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration with teams to plan and complete shared goals, delivering seamless experiences across the website, app and lifecycle channels. The ideal candidate will have strategy and leadership experience in creating innovative and engaging Lifecycle programs in a results-driven environment. You have shown success improving metrics across acquisition and early life, and developed ambitious experimentation roadmaps for continuous innovation, all with a highly empathetic, customer-centric approach.
For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $204,000 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead the strategy for hyper-personalized programs involving a mix of push, in-app, email, and SMS, delivering best-in-class member communications that increase enrollments, referrals, and onboarding actions that improve member quality.
- Build and support a team of hard-working, mission-driven lifecycle marketers.
- Own enrollment, referral and onboarding metrics on behalf of the lifecycle team, with strong intuition and foresight to identify, size, and prioritize opportunities that inform a lifecycle roadmap to generate a meaningful contribution toward shared and team goals.
- Partner with our Lifecycle Analytics team to ensure the team is equipped to measure and attribute impact across KPIs, informing future strategy and prioritization.
- Monitor performance of marketing programs, generate data-driven hypotheses that inform strategies for journeys and campaigns, and identify areas for improvement in our strategy.
- Continuously improve through an ongoing lifecycle experiment roadmap covering both short-term campaigns and long-term series, testing across incentives, creative, content, and cadence, deriving insights to tangibly impact initiatives across the org.
To thrive in this role, you have
- Proven ability leading the development of complex lifecycle/CRM programs from strategy-to-execution (a particular focus on acquisition and/or onboarding experiences is a plus).
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to define and articulate a vision, earn trust with stakeholders, and champion collaboration that improves member growth.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing automation/CRM systems, with experience pushing the boundaries of what those platforms can do.
- Expertise in customer segmentation strategies and subscriber management across multiple channels (omni-channel), deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Comfort operating in a sometimes ambiguous and/or shifting space; adaptability and ability to identify emerging areas of opportunity.
- Experience using data and insights to inform requirements, ideas and strategies, with hands-on experience with related tools/concepts being a plus: Excel, A/B testing, relational databases, etc.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel and therefore candidates will need to be eligible for these activities by their start date.