Director of Legal Operations
Los Angeles, CA
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
San Francisco, CA
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
The Legal & Policy Team is Snap’s dedicated in-house law firm, policy consultant, lobbyist, thought partner, and all-around advisor. This team helps Snap do the right thing the right way, make better decisions, understand and manage risks, and creatively navigate challenges, both external and internal. We partner with Snap team members on a wide array of matters, including privacy, product, IP, commercial transactions, corporate governance, employment, acquisitions, litigation, and policy, and social impact. We value the power of diversity, as we continually strive to build an innovative and inclusive leadership culture centered on Snap's values of Kind, Smart, and Creative.
We’re looking for a Director of Legal Operations to join Snap’s Legal Team!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Legal Operations Team and be responsible for creating, maintaining, and driving processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the team’s operations.
- Manage and support initiatives across the full range of subject matter supported by the Legal team, including contract management, eSignature software, outside counsel spend management, department-wide technology applications, and other processes and scaling efforts.
- Partner with subject-matter specialists across the legal department and throughout Snap to enable the business to grow and scale accordingly.
- Manage department resources and processes related to matter and workflow management, knowledge management, eDiscovery, compliance, document management, and billing management.
- Identify and implement best in class technology, systems, and processes, including tools to improve legal team intake and matter management efficiencies
- Apply your interpersonal skills to engage, influence, and align partners at all levels through keen eye for business, professional competence, integrity, flexibility, and personal style.
- Keep current on the latest legal operations industry trends and developments.
- Lead outside counsel engagement processes, including alternative fee arrangements and maintenance, and enforcement of billing guidelines.
- Provide training and support to legal team members and internal clients.
- Provide regular reporting on workflows, metrics, and efficiency initiatives to all relevant internal partners.
- Define and drive strategic objectives for Legal Operations improvements.
- Support and manage ad hoc projects within the team and across the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable working through ambiguity or uncertainty and able to adjust to evolving priorities and business needs in a rapid-moving environment.
- Have a knack for working independently and collaboratively, proactively identifying areas for improvement, generating action plans, and putting those plans into action to serve the department and company.
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- In-depth understanding of law firm billing, pricing and compensation practices.
- Strong understanding of litigation and transaction matter lifecycles.
- Proven track record of making an impact through developing and completing strategies and delivering key results.
- Strong ability to communicate concisely and effectively with a wide variety of audiences, including senior management and key partners.
- Capacity to think strategically and creatively to identify issues and develop long-term solutions.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects across various business departments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of experience in legal operations or a related field
- Law degree and/or MBA
- Excellent understanding of Ironclad, Salesforce.com, Apttus, DocuSign, Jira, Google suite and Microsoft suite
- Experience in finance, including accounting principles, law firm pricing strategies, or and professional services practice management approaches
Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!