Director of Investor Relations
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Director of Investor Relations.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Director of Investor Relations will be responsible to help identify and cultivate ongoing relationships with the global investment community and execute the company’s investor relations program. The incumbent will develop and implement impactful strategies in supporting and leading the company’s investor, stakeholder, and analyst base. Developing and directing a proactive investor relations plan is a key function of this role.
As one of Canada’s leading cannabis companies our corporate head office is based in downtown Toronto, Canada but we are a national company with a large manufacturing, R&D and administrative presence in Moncton, NB and additional facilities in Winnipeg, MB and Lac-Supérieur, QB. We have ambitious expansion plans to expand internationally as cannabis markets open up.
Based out of Toronto, this role has high visibility both internally where the position will regularly interact with the company’s C-suite and functional leaders as well as with external sell-side analysts, institutional and retail investors.
- Develop the investor relations program with the Chief Strategy Officer;
- Manage interactions with analysts and institutional and retail investors alike, ensuring consistency with company’s core values, key messages and public disclosures;
- Identify and build greenfield relationships in the sell and buy-side community;
- Work in conjunction with our communications team to implement strategies and programs to keep the financial community well- informed regarding the company, its programs and performance;
- Liaise with the senior executive team and communications team to prepare for quarterly earnings reports, including drafting the earnings releases, conference call script, management Q&A preparation, and updating the corporate/investor presentation; and investor feedback;
- Set up virtual and in-person roadshow meetings with equity analysts and investment dealer salespeople as well as conferences with institutional and retail investors;
- Monitor analyst reception, institutional investor reception and retail investor reception (including social media) to understand key drivers affecting the relationship between company fundamental performance and stock performance and valuation;
- Respond or co-ordinate responses to ad-hoc investor and analyst in bounds;
- Benchmarking to industry peers including their key business developments, financial results and public communications;
- Prepare reports and analysis outlining investor feedback, financial results, stock price performance, changes to shareholder base that will be reported to the C-Suite and Board of Directors;
- Work the company’s senior leadership team, finance department and communications department on the annual report including the ESG report;
- Other duties as may be required.
- Post-Secondary education in business administration, accounting, finance or equivalent, MBA preferred;
- 8+ years experience with a recent focus on: investor relations, finance, asset management, equity research, accounting and/or communications;
- Experience developing positive relations in the investor community including U.S. markets;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to summarize and present on complex topics and data;
- Strong proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office Suite including Powerpoint;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously;
- Ability to develop a strategic vision for the IR department and create and act upon plans to implement and drive results.