Director of Integration & Project Management
Verano Holdings is a national, vertically integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, and retail facilities. The Director of Integration & Project Management is responsible for supporting the transition of tentative, pending, and completed acquisitions in new and existing markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the onboarding of new acquisitions and implement best practices based on desired acquisition target goals.
- Build and execute turnkey integration playbook including timelines, checklists, and processes across functional groups (operations, sales, IT, marketing, etc.)
- Maintain consistent dialogue with local operators to address issues real time and prior to month end closing.
- Partner with management and staff of acquired businesses to execute integration plan and achieve financial targets during integration/transition phase.
- Collaborate with acquisition partners to understand current processes and assist with transitionary steps.
- Identify opportunities and gaps at each acquired business unit in terms of people, processes, systems, profitability, working capital and develop plans to address.
- Create and execute plan to have acquisitions integrated into business processes and reporting structures.
- Process documentation and standardization across all operations.
- Address current integration needs across legacy acquisitions.
- Track milestones of specific financial measures and leading indicators throughout the integration/transition period.
- Oversee and train Project Management team to manage M&A integrations and multiple departmental level projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years supporting M&A transactions in retail, manufacturing, or similar industry.
- 2+ years as a people leader.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven background of leading through influence.
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to execute change management.
- Solid project management, conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective consultative and influencing approach, with proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 40 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.