Director of Indirect Procurement
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn’t serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We’re dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler’s Best Friend. We strive to ensure we’re fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways – as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
The Director of Indirect Procurement position is for you, if you would enjoy:
- Managing the standardization of the indirect purchasing policies and approach on an enterprise scale by establishing a clear framework for cost savings, spend analysis, contract reviews, pricing, supplier management and purchasing
- Being based out of our East Rutherford, New Jersey office, with a hybrid work-model
Key Accountabilities - your team is counting on you as a Director of Indirect Procurement to:
- Vendor selection and management, pricing negotiations, buying, receiving and material specification controls.
- Understand industry cost/pricing trends and primary input variables for areas of responsibilities; effectively utilize industry intelligence in pricing negotiations and communicate accordingly
- Partner with key stakeholders in seeking out, initiating and leading cost savings opportunities
- Manage and revise policies, procedures and programs to promote organizational value and efficiency of the procurement function; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement initiatives to gain understanding and develop joint recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Conduct spend analysis, baselining and forecasting
- Develop, direct, and manage overall indirect purchasing roadmaps and oversee the execution of initiatives – accountable for reporting of procurement savings and compliance
Director of Indirect Procurement Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or related field
- Expert level understanding in spend management, procurement best practices and business systems
- Solid analytical and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel, SAP, and other accounting packages
Some of our Company-Offered Benefits & Perks Include:
- Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Universal Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
- 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to Staffing Agencies: Please do not directly contact Hudson hiring managers regarding candidates for our positions. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of the talent team will reach out directly vetted agency partners.