Director of FP&A
Rebag, the ultimate destination for buying and selling the most coveted designer handbags and accessories, is an e-commerce company reimagining the role of luxury in the secondary market. Rebag has opened a world of endless access to luxury, with a unique business model that puts the seller first, offers upfront payment, and makes the resale experience smooth and clutter-free. Since its inception, Rebag has catered to a rapidly growing segment of consumers who are exploring ownership of luxury goods in a sustainable and affordable way. The company operates online and in stores, with locations in Los Angeles, New York and Miami. Founded in 2014 by a team out of Harvard Business School, Rebag is backed by prestigious venture capital investors including General Catalyst, Novator, Crosslink and FJLabs, and has raised $100m in funding to date. In 2020, Rebag was named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies. Rebag has been featured in the New York Times, Business of Fashion, VOGUE TechCrunch and more.
This is a highly visible and key role in providing critical financial and strategic consultation to leaders across the organization. This position will drive and coordinate all key financial planning processes, including budgeting and forecasting, long-term planning, internal financial reporting, and strategic analysis. This role is also responsible for delivering analytics and business support to enable informed decision making by the executive team. This role reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Lead the coordination and production of the Company’s business-level and firm-wide financial reporting and analysis
- Own the corporate financial model and support development and execution of annual budgets and recurring forecasts; quickly develop models to address new and ambiguous business issues or opportunities
- Establish and execute a state-of-the-art forecast process by working with functional and business unit owners to estimate financial results based on future action plans and business assumptions
- Support senior management in analyses relevant to making strategic decisions on the future of the team & Company
- Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drivers of change within the business and present findings to leadership.
- Set up tools and procedures to monitor and review business results with business and functional account owners, including analysis of trends and variances to budgeted results.
- Lead preparation of the Company’s board presentations and materials for management, investors, and other external parties
- Ensure documentation of all FP&A processes are updated and work with project teams on the documentation of new enhancement
- Review work and analysis produced by junior members of the team
- Perform ad-hoc analytical projects and support strategic initiatives across the Company
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or a related field strongly preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience in financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and planning, startup experience is a plus
- Must be well-versed in managing functional budgets, analyzing cost-to-actual differences, potential savings and experience leading the budgeting process
- High proficiency in financial analysis methods and concepts to prepare forecasts, cash flows and perform analyses
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written and oral presentations
- Exceptional Excel skills required, experience with Looker and NetSuite preferred